Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
4.3.0is here! Here’s what you need to know article by EliteMasterEric.
- New interop features with Hxcpp and Haxe
4.3.0article by Aidan Lee.
- Help creating a macro to forward operator overloads is partially solved.
- A guide that explains how to use Filters in Ceramic by Jérémy Faivre.
- Re-announcing Defender’s Quest 2 (Art & Trailer Reveal!) article by Lars Doucet.
- ⛏️Cave/Glade Generator
2.0.2: Water by Oleg Dolya.
- PickHaxe for Minecraft post by EliteMasterEric, with some screen shots posted over on the Haxe Discord server targeting Fabric or Forge.
1.0is out now!
[devlog]Dead Cells new alpha patch released.
[devlog]New funkin blog - Week Of 2023/04/07: GOOD FRIDAY.
- Logo has been working on a list of people in the Haxe community on open platforms such as Mastodon.
- Haxe.Social is a new unofficial Akkoma instance for Haxe developers and projects.
In case you missed it
- Defender’s Quest 2 is re-announced. Learn more at defendersquest2.com!
- Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower ~ How’s the Game? by Ando.
- Wartales Community Update
[devlog]Northgard Spectator Mode: Open Beta announcement.
[devlog]Dead Cells Update 34 “Clean Cut” is in alpha stage!
Videos & Music
- Welcome to the HaxeUp 2023 at Shiro Games - Simon Krajewski & Nicolas Cannasse video.
- Haxe Spring Report by Simon Krajewski video.
- Performance Haxe in “Dune: Spice Wars” by Tom Rethaller video.
- Creating Indie Games: An Overview of the Shiro Tech Stack by Nicolas Cannasse video.
- Wartales Official Release Trailer.
- All types of movement explained in Armory 3D video.
- All physics movement explained in Armory 3D video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
Looking for work
- Alex Johansson is looking for a part time/contractor role.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Backend Haxe devs wanted to make PVP deltarune fangame listing.
- Ysbryd Games is looking for HaxePunk porters for a potential future title.
- Sean James McKenzie of Armor Games Studios is looking for a team experienced in porting Haxe games to console.
- Corrun is looking for an experienced Haxe programmer to make a deltarune engine.
- Armory3D bounties are available.
- Keep an eye on the Funkin Bounties repo for future items.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
Product Releases & Announcements
- Bring It On!
0.8City Streets has been released, plus
0.8.4which helps with performance & bug fixing.
Previews & Demos
- Some new features in debug/immediate UI of Ceramic.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- And Jérémy Faivre has also added 2 new samples: Gaussian Blur and Immediate GUI.
- Hugh Sanderson is moving NME CI/CD to GitHub actions.
1.1.0has been released.
@:nativebindings for Wren.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Starfox updates 🐸🐰🦅🦊:
- Automated hitbox geometry via model data for pixel-perfect collisions.
- Early days of creating the powerups, testing damaged wings, boost, and brake.
Some Library Releases
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
People & Projects to support
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Add support for Extension of Abstracts proposal.
- Add Shading proposal with alt macro solution.
- Add package alias proposal.
- Add Integer data types proposal.
- Add Trailing Block Expressions proposal.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
119~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
< ::cpp::Int64>to fix template errors pull request.
[cpp]Reenable objc extern tests merged.
[nullsafety]Detect nulls in structs pull request.
- Macro static local var not working fixed.
[neko]Optimise BytesBuffer length field pull request.
[neko]Optimise BytesBuffer length field merged.
[lua]Share metatables with other class instances draft pull request.
[lua]Emit class name even if not required merged.
[hxcpp]Capture registers when compiling to Linux fixed.
[hxcpp]Avoid entering GCFreeZone twice merged.
[hxcpp]Support Android NDKs higher than 21 merged.
-std=c99when compiling pcre2 sources merged.
[jvm]Overloaded field of similar signature was already declared (on extern inline) fixed.
- Add “Custom” target draft pull request.
In case you missed it
- Similarly named typedefs in adjacent modules cause overlap issue.
[null safety]Null safety inline generic function issue.
[null safety]Fix null arg check pull request.
- Mono to Any cast error issue.
- Fix call stack positions merged.
- Switch with at least one field match accesses all the fields issue.
[python]Fix Python vector syntax issue merged.
[js]Generate class names when using
Type.typeofon classes pull request.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe and see the impact the latest changes have on each target by browsing the benchmarks site.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.