Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
[events/upcoming]April HaxeUp at Shiro Games has been announced for April 6th!
[events/upcoming]The next Haxe Roundup Roundup is scheduled for Sunday 9th April over on Haxe Discord server.
- PAX East 2023! by Renaine team. There are many more photos from the expo on Twitter.
- 🏡Village Generator
1.4.0- Village square and orchards by Oleg Dolya.
- Nuclear Blaze worldwide price adjustment.
[devlog]New funkin blog - WEEK OF 2023/03/27: VITAMIN D EDITION.
- Logo has been working on a list of people in the Haxe community on open platforms such as Mastodon.
- Haxe.Social is a new unofficial Akkoma instance for Haxe developers and projects.
In case you missed it
- Haxe Delegates
1.0.0Release - Faster Type-Safe Function Types. ️
- The ammer
gitlibrary manual has been rewritten & released.
- Fraymakers March 2023 Backer Update.
- The HaxeFlixel showcase page has been updated.
- Feathers UI
1.1.0for Haxe and OpenFL has been released!
1.0.0has been released!
This is a big release that adds initial support of LDtk projects as well as
.asepritefiles reading. It is also the occasion to reach the symbolic
v1.0version number, to say: hey, you can actually use Ceramic right now!
Videos & Music
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
Looking for work
- Alex Johansson is looking for a part time/contractor role.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Backend Haxe devs wanted to make PVP deltarune fangame listing.
- Ysbryd Games is looking for HaxePunk porters for a potential future title.
- Sean James McKenzie of Armor Games Studios is looking for a team experienced in porting Haxe games to console.
- Corrun is looking for an experienced Haxe programmer to make a deltarune engine.
- Armory3D bounties are available.
- Keep an eye on the Funkin Bounties repo for future items.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
Product Releases & Announcements
- Poor Bunny! (made with Stencyl) by Advent has been released on Poki, App Store and Google Play.
[pre-release]Wartales leaves Early Access and launches into
1.0on April 12th with a huge content update!
[pre-release]The City Streets update is coming soon for Bring It On! by Axol Studio.
Previews & Demos
- A bunch of little floating Haxe logos? In my modded Minecraft world? It’s more likely than you think! After some clean-up you’ll see a release of PickHaxe
- ThatOneFish has started developing a custom engine called the Spoopy Engine
git. And implemented some command-line tools for it.
- Freestyle Engine Dev Build
006: Audio reactive elements now work with waveforms!
- Freestyle Dev Build
007: Assets can be loaded with case-insensitive names!
0.6.0has been released.
git- A collection of commonly used utility classes and data structures.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Starfox update 🐸🐰🦅🦊, it’s a moai life.
- A crappy version of Doom can technically run with the HaxeFlixel framework.
- CLYDE is building out the Prison area… for Into the Necrovale.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Level editor by ChargingTurnip is going pretty well.
Some Library Releases
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
People & Projects to support
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Add package alias proposal.
- Add Integer data types proposal.
- Add Trailing Block Expressions proposal.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
1840~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- MacroApi.type_expr vs diagnostics merged.
- More strict macro API for init vs not init macros merged.
[nullsafety]Null safety skips inline argument cast issue.
- Detect transitive casts pull request.
[hxcpp]Migrate to PCRE2 pull request.
[eval]Migrate to PCRE2 merged.
[lua]Use lrexlib-pcre2 for regular expressions merged.
[hl]Migrate to PCRE2 merged.
@:usingtypedef cascading signatures loop fixed.
[lua]Fix for https requests failing immediately and updating
_hx_bitto work with lua
[eval]Floats being treated as Ints in interp mode issue.
[jvm]Functional interface support merged.
- Improve duplicate field range merged.
[typer]Add define to retain meta upon typing merged.
[lua]Hide Lua String inlines pull request.
[neko]Fix issues with HaxeLib ndll behaviour merged.
In case you missed it
- Operator overloading with ambiguous enum fails issue.
Context.infomessages in diagnostics merged.
[eval]Fix event loop merged.
[hxcpp]Fix SSL network error exception pull request.
[hashlink]Update mbedtls pull request.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe and see the impact the latest changes have on each target by browsing the benchmarks site.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.