Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- New set of libraries & initiative: “Core Haxe” announcement.
- Debugging Hxcpp Programs with Sourcemaps article by Aidan Lee. ️
1.2.0is out! Happy new year!
- ⛏️Cave Generator
2.0.0: glade view article by Oleg Dolya.
- ❄️Winter Wreaths article by Oleg Dolya.
- Fraymakers Early Access Arrives on January 18th!
- Wartales: Major Update
[devlog]Energy Island Corp: Major Update
[devlog]Dune: Spice Wars - December Dev Update.
- Logo has been working on a list of people in the Haxe community on open platforms such as Mastodon. ️
- Haxe.Social is a new unofficial Akkoma instance for Haxe developers and projects. ️
In case you missed it
- Year end retrospective-- DQ2 Progress Report for November 2022 article by Lars Doucet.
- Chibi Ninja Devlog
#3by Andrej Preradovic.
- Northgard: Cross of Vidar release article.
- Castlevania is back! Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania DLC coming Q1 2023!
0.8.8.5: Darkness re-loaded, sounds and game feel devlog.
- Macro to generate nested Lua tables from typedef thread.
- Ludovic Bas asked ChatGPT to write some Haxe code.
- Two short twitter threads about the recent improvements in HaxeFlixel 5:
- Question regarding a job/bounty targeting longstanding HXCPP issue discussion.
- Rogue of Vallas Mineshaft Level.
- Interview with a Developer video.
- Big things for Armory 3D in 2023 video.
- Custom Graphics in RPG Playground.
- Gunman Clive Joins Fraymakers!
- Northgard | Cross of Vidar Launch Trailer.
- Raycasting Explained in Armory 3D.
- Using Tweens in Armory 3D for smooth animations.
- Armory 3D’s single biggest update - January 2023
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas Level 6-4 - Excavation Playthrough.
- Let’s Play Bring It On! Episode 03 - Featuring Black Magix.
- Citadelic - Roguelite Strategy Game Trailer by Kirill Poletaev.
- How to make a custom cursor in Armory 3D.
- Building an online multiplayer browser game with Haxe and Colyseus by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Wartales: co-op gameplay with the devs VOD.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Corrun is looking for an experienced Haxe programmer to make a deltarune engine.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Keep an eye on the Funkin Bounties repo for future items.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
In case you missed it
- OpenFL and Haxe: Foundation ActionScript
3.0Animation repo translated from Making Things Move by Keith Peters.
1.2.1has been released.
- Reflaxe version
2.0.0has been released. ️
- Haxe-to-GDScript version
0.1.0has been released. ️
2.8.4has been released.
[vector-math]Workaround for nasty ternary closure codegen for min/max on Lua target pull request.
[openfl]Use HashLink to run Lime tools draft pull request.
git- JSON RPC client supporting fully typed rest operations.
git- Flexible HTTP client supporting different HTTP providers.
git- Rest client supporting fully typed rest operations.
git- Pluggable database abstraction.
git- sqlite database plugin for db-core.
git- mysql database plugin for db-core.
git- sqlite3 for all relevant Haxe targets.
git- mysql for all relevant Haxe targets.
git- Pluggable queue abstraction.
git- Flexible logging framework supporting various adaptors.
git- Promise lib (typedef for thenshim currently).
git- Configure NeoVim in Haxe!!! Lua externs for the neovim lua API.
git- Basic Wwise bindings for Hasklink.
git- Haxe Externs for discord.js
git- Rewrite TA-LIB in Haxe.
git- A small template for creating Love2D games with Haxe.
git- Small experiment on converting Cerberus-X code to
git- One game, multiple frameworks.
git- Heaps Parallax Library.
git- A file packer for a Switch rhythm game.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
74~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last three weeks.
- Floats being treated as Ints in interp mode issue.
analyzer-user-var-fusiondirective seems to be ignored in nightly issue.
-D no-inlinebreaks map literals in HashLink issue.
- Clean up field-level errors merged.
[ci]Improved CI build times merged.
[typer]Better error messages when importing nonexistent subtypes / fields merged.
[hxcpp]Libuv Asys Implementation draft pull request.
[hashlink]Easier build on M1 pull request.
[lua]Rest from Array doesn’t work properly issue.
[lua]Respect lua-vanilla for Json.parse merged.
[lua]Remove haxe-deps and directly reference dependencies; re-enable CI merged.
[jvm]Rest from Array doesn’t work properly issue.
[js]UInt inconsistent result across targets issue.
[js]Fix type names in debugger pull request. ️
@:requirecannot be put together fixed.
In case you missed it
- Dynamic on abstract issue.
- Reification outside of
- User defines/metas: do not display Haxe help message merged.
- Information on Generated Variables and Optimisations for Improving Debugging discussion.
_hx_std_process_killwork everywhere pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.