Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[upcoming/event]Join the next Haxe Roundup Roundup discord voice chat on November 27th.
[planning/event]UK Meet Spring 2023 discussion.
5.0.0has finally been released! With Flixel-addons
3.0.0being released alongside.
- HaxeFlixel 5 Released review by Game From Scratch.
- Learning Haxe for experienced coders thread.
- Richard Oliver Bray’s upcoming Let’s make a browser multiplayer game in Haxeflixel stream link.
- Addlemoth Dev Update: November 2022 by mauve.
- Fraymakers Tester Build Update
- Minicology public alpha
0.8.7.1devlog - Woperator Abilities, Crates, Turrets and more!
- Dune: Spice Wars - Air & Sand Update release.
In case you missed it
- Dead Cells - Fancy helping us test some new Dead Cells content in December?
- Fraymakers - Tester Build Update
v0.4.10- Frame Lengthening Support for Online Mode article.
- Dune: Spice Wars had been nominated for Best Sim / Strategy at this year’s The Game Awards. Go cast your vote now!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, A Big update from Aidan Lee on Hxcppdbg progress. ️
- Dune: Spice Wars | Air & Sand cinematic.
- Networking tutorial / multiplayer games in Armory 3D.
- Merrak added some new NPC AI to Rogue of Vallas.
- EyeDaleHim has recreated the Tender Treats credits in HaxeFlixel.
- A New Assist Joins Fraymakers!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- An open Wartales beta for the highly anticipated co-op mode had been launched. Join their official Discord server to gain access now.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, G-Switch Creator beta is a running platformer with level editing and sharing. Game made by Vasco with HaxeFlixel, back-end server code with NodeJS.
In case you missed it
- TD2S changelog
- Via the Haxe Discord server, a new showcase of Hxcppdbg by Aidan Lee: improved exception handling, when the target is paused due to an exception you can use the special
$exnvariable in the evaluator to access the thrown object.
- Introducing HxCodec+! a upcoming HaxeFlixel/OpenFLl library capable of playing audio/video formats on native and HTML5. With the ability to speed up playback and stream mp3, wav, flac and more formats with easy implementations!
- Jérémy Fa continues to improve Ceramics documentation, with the latest update adding a guide about Components.
0.17.5has been released.
[cosy]Add entity component system functionality draft pull request.
- Nanjizal has updated L-System library to Haxe 4 and renamed it to lsystemx
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Cornell Daly’s game engine will have full keyboard/controller support complete with rebinding.
- Squidly is getting things more organized on the dev tool side of things for Renaine (there are 500 or so level pieces and counting).
- Merrak is making progress with new levels for Rogue of Vallas.
- Some animated Flixel 5 logos:
- New screenshots and a GIF from
WIPgame Tenjutsu+ by Sébastien Benard:
- Some news and videos about Chibi Ninja Shino-kun:
From the Haxe Discord server
- 47rooks hash basic materials working with control of light color in their OpenGL with OpenFL and Lime project.
- New screenshot from
WIPgame Card City Major by ZwodahS.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
40~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[hxcpp]Crashes with win10 executables when non-ASCII chars present in exe path issue.
[haxelib]Add support for customMetas and customDefines fields merged. ️
- Custom metadata and defines (documentation, completion) pull request. ️
[hxcpp]Build error when building classes extending abstracts issue.
- Fix anonymous functions in operator expressions regression pull request.
--unstableflag for installing unstable releases issue.
[haxelib]Attempt to restore legacy server merged.
[cpp]Extern STL Containers and ArrayAccess merged.
[hl]Fix printing i64’s merged.
- Atomic API merged. ️
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.