Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[event/upcoming]Join the next Haxe Roundup Roundup discord voice chat on November 13th.
- Isaac Denner has started a Kickstarter campaign for Minicology!
- Armory3D Release Notes for November 2022.
- Devtober 2022 Breakdown TD2S devlog.
- Shiro Games is at Paris Games Week.
- Tester Build Update
v0.4.7- Custom Content Integration, Assist Tuning and more from Fraymakers!
In case you missed it
- Day and Night cycle Armory example.
- Character Customization
- Haxe Injection
3.0.0released – A dependency container for Haxe announcement.
- Northgard: The Night of the living Draugar strikes again article.
- Dune: Spice Wars - Accessibility Update is out now.
- Brandon Boouizel invites HaxeFlixel game devs to join the yearly Tankmas ADVENTure on Newgrounds.
- Closed Beta
0.8.3QoL v2! Remappable controls, Hotbar-scroll support, new settings & accessories to help you craft, play and more in Minicology! Plus big news being announced tomorrow!
- Tightrope Theatre - Spooky Theatre Update Trailer.
- How to display, modify, and save values/variables in Armory 3D video.
- Using draw nodes in Armory 3D video.
- Smooth vs crisp render in Armory 3D video.
- Sounds explained in Armory 3D video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- The soundtrack for “In Your Books” is now available on Steam, with a
- Spooky Theatre update for Tightrope Theatre is out now!
- Northgard is currently
70%off on Steam until November 6th!
- “The game where you catch pumpkins” is available on itch.io, made with HaxeFlixel and with source available on GitHub.
- zzox (tyler) has released “deathened” - a short RPG made with Kha. You can play it on itch.io and Newgrounds.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas gets updated for Halloween!
- Allan Dowdeswell has recently updated the kitchen design app for RTA Outdoor Living, using FeathersUI.
- Spirkop are working on a big update for Energy Island Corp.
- The Dead Cells Boss Rush update is available on all consoles!
- Evoland Legendary Edition by Shiro Games is now available on the Epic Games store, and will be free until 15:00 UTC on Thursday. ️ ️
git- A work in progress political compass generator made in HaxeUI by Logo, meant mainly for meme generation, but also for semi-serious usage. Find more
WIPposts over on the Haxe Discord server.
- Labels make Oleg Dolya’s maps more interesting but the names need an improvement…
- More map labels from Oleg Dolya.
- ʇ0mmy has Nape 2D physics running within Unreal Engine thanks to their Haxe plugin for UE5.
- Michael Bickel has the Haxe Godot integration at a point where they can write a test game!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Will Blanton made a little
FlxCamerashader for projecting shadows from sprites and stuff. Source is available as a gist.
- Fully support emission colors in all supported shader nodes in Armory merged.
- Ammer rewrite based on
ammer-coredraft pull request.
git- Node based image editor.
git- Haxe library for creating command line applications.
git- A small ECS library for Haxe/Heaps.
git- Doudecimal, base 12 only Int.
git- Genesis Haxe / OpenFL / Feathers UI Demo.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- 18 frames of pure Octodad limbsanity from Fraymakers.
- Mauve is conquering their fear of hair drawing for Addlemoth.
- Axol Studio shows what they are working on for Bring It On!
- New indie guests are coming to Dead Cells in the next free update:
- New quick videos from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower:
- New GIFs from Renaine:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Skyfire2008 has added a new enemy + some more misc. changes for TD2S.
- O3BLA is making some progress with Ceramic.
- ZwodahS is starting next project, a city building deckbuilder, more puzzley than actual city sim.
- Basic Phong lighting on a Rubik’s cube in OpenFL/Lime by 47rooks.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
22~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
In case you missed it
- MainLoop issues on HEAD issue.
- Class with
@:structInittyped as Anonymous Structure issue.
cpp.Pointersin enums pull request.
[hxcpp]Support extern enums pull request.
[hl]HL thread name merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.