Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
In case you missed it
- Fraymakers Progress Update for
- House Corrino has arrived on Arrakis… announcement.
- Renaine Kickstarter Update
#38: Three Dots and an Anchor.
- An open alpha version of Rogue of Vallas is now available! Download here for Linux, MacOS, Windows! By R.L.Watson.
- Wartales Roadmap Update and Gosenberg Update news.
- Dune: Spice Wars | House Corrino release trailer.
- Secret bosses and special enemies in Bring It On! short by Axol Studios.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Battalion Commander 1917 “is a squad shmup set in WW1 settings, but with Tesla weapons” by IriySoft, available now from the Play Store.
- NextRealm Bubbles Beta has been updated, with performance improvements on the client and server side by Antriel.
- Axol Studio released the game they made in less than a week for the Goodbye Summer Game Jam - Hyper Space Attack Force: Starmander!
- Heck Deck: Spells and Specters is a free update coming out on all platforms on October 4th.
- After 2 months+ of work,
1.3for Dice Tribes: Ambitions is finally finished.
- The Water Theatre update for Tightrope Theatre is now out! Explore new levels! Earn new achievements! Speedrun on the new leader board!
- Odd Verdure was created for GBJam 10 from Sept 16 - Sept 26, 2022. It’s a “platformer with no jump” that took inspiration from Bionic Commando.
- Drill Bill by Aurel and Eido Volta.
- Relay PeaJay and quick intro article by Aeveis made with HaxeFlixel.
- Tenjutsu, 48h game by Sébastien Benard. Play Tenjutsu on
itch.io, with source code available on GitHub.
- Help my pain by not so studio using HaxeFlixel, via Discord.
- Heartbeat by Yanrishatum
- Assault on Hartblood Hotel by fireslash
- Be Fast! by codescapade using aeons
- Near Death Sentence by jefvel.
- I’m Just Hungry by zwodahs.
- Oleg Dolya is back into caves .
1.0.4has been released, with better performance for block cipher mode operations.
git- Improved particle system for the Starling framework.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
33~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- Language server hangs due to duplicate
- Added API to
haxe.Httpfor multiple response headers with same name pull request.
[neko]Uncaught exception -
load.c(398): Invalid module issue.
xxxhides previous local declaration issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.