Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[event/catchup]Catchup on last weeks HaxeIn 2022 stream VOD.
- Fraymakers Progress Update for
- House Corrino has arrived on Arrakis… announcement.
- Renaine Kickstarter Update
#38: Three Dots and an Anchor
- An open alpha version of Rogue of Vallas is now available! Download here for Linux, MacOS, Windows! By R.L.Watson.
- Wartales Roadmap Update and Gosenberg Update news.
In case you missed it
1.5has been released! Read about the latest new components, examples and methods added in this big update! ️
- 🍂Autumn Wreaths article by Oleg Dolya.
- Hræsvelg: The clan of the Eagle have landed in Northgard.
- Game Objects RayGen devlog by thepercentageguy.
- Super Rare Games has partnered up with Terry Cavanagh to release Dicey Dungeons as a Switch physical for the first time! You can order it here.
- New Update for UPSQUID by Will Blanton: Tate mode, Music, Colors!
- NextRealm Bubbles Fun Debugging article by Peter Achberger.
- Josh Tynjala finishes up the release week of Feathers UI
v1.0with these latest articles:
- Dune: Spice Wars | House Corrino release trailer.
- Secret bosses and special enemies in Bring It On! short by Axol Studios.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- The latest shorts on earning XP, the fall update and a new boss in Bring It On! by Axol Studios.
- Northgard - The Clan of the Eagle release trailer.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Axol Studio released the game they made in less than a week for the Goodbye Summer Game Jam - Hyper Space Attack Force: Starmander!
- Heck Deck: Spells and Specters is a free update coming out on all platforms on October 4th.
- After 2 months+ of work,
1.3for Dice Tribes: Ambitions is finally finished.
- The Water Theatre update for Tightrope Theatre is now out! Explore new levels! Earn new achievements! Speedrun on the new leader board!
- Odd Verdure was created for GBJam 10 from Sept 16 - Sept 26, 2022. It’s a “platformer with no jump” that took inspiration from Bionic Commando.
Vector2.rotatenot rotating around
evaltarget, requiring a Haxe/OCaml/opam development setup.
[hashlink]Migrate fully to GitHub Actions merged.
[nme]Add iOS mouse wheel support merged.
1.0.3has been release with faster AES implementation.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Aidan Lee decided to spend some time adding more features to the expression evaluator in Hxcppdbg.
- New GIF from Addlemoth by mauve - balancing is hard.
- Quick video from HITTER - Careful, you’re in the presence of a veteran.
- New quick videos from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun by Ando:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Fake dithering + ramped shadows + coloured lights in Dungeon Crawler prototype by Sébastien Benard.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
28~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- Nothing of interest.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.