Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Cramming ‘Papers, Please’ Onto Phones by Lucas Pope. ️
- Plus the discussion on Hacker news.
- The First HaxeHybrid Retrospective.
- HaxeHybrid 2022 talks:
- Motion Twin Web Games Archives - The repository contains sources and data of some of the web games made by Motion Twin between 2001 and 2015.
- Buff Snakes – DQ2 Progress Report for July 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- Having issues setting up Haxe LSP with Neovim.
- Using SDL in HashLink question.
- Array access for classes
- Ando has started working on their next game - Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower, a retro platformer inspired by Japanese ninja games of the 80s and 90s! Check out the announcement post.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas Level 3-6 Oil Well and Updated Tower Escape Sequence by Merrak.
- Make an Untitled Goose Game using Behaviors in RPG Playground.
- “I created my friends game idea in only 2 days!” video by SpunGlue.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Water Facility Sound Test for Rogue of Vallas by Merrak.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Robert Alvarez has released Platform Countdown puzzle game on Poki.
- “Papers, Please” by Lucas Pope is now available on phones: Android and iOS. ️
- Tightrope Theatre releases on Steam and mobile devices today!
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Prexot has pushed a new pre-pre-alpha version of Rhythm RPG.
- PortilizenCreations has made Sushi Cats 2.
- “In your books” is being released today, available from Steam.
- Duke Dashington Remastered by Advent is now live on Poki!
- Blobble Wars 2 is out on Steam. Written in Haxe using OpenFL.
- Michael Bickel weekly Godot Haxe update with reworked GC interaction, method registration and more!
- Ian Harrigan previews fully functional but experimental HaxeUI colour pickers using the new cross platform canvas. Plus, examples have been added to the component explorer.
- Clyde has been working on a tool to distribute Haxe applications hxdist
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Render textures that support antialiasing (multisampling) is coming soon to Ceramic…
- EliteMasterEric is making some good progress on an updated FFmpeg library for OpenFL, hoping to create a good solution for video playback on desktop.
- Aidan has shared progress on HXCPP debugger: finally some UI! Most of the groundwork for HXCPP debuggers DAP server is done, just got to plumb together all the different requests so all of the features are supported.
git- A Minecraft server written in Haxe.
- Ludovic Bas is working on a shader lib for OpenFL, openfl-shaders
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Dangerous desert from
WIPmobile platformer game by MortMort.
- Squidly is just taking the new melon chompy out for a walk.
- SavanDev has added the ability to customize the background in the game editor.
- Updated HUD from Scraps of Light.
- Cody Ward is working on their
#lowrezjamentry, and is trying out Haxe and OpenFL.
- Zzox (tyler) is trying to put something together for
- Skyfire2008 has added two new weapon modifiers for TD2S.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Shahar shows a bit of progress on their app’s installer. And they also made an XML builder in 7 minutes (!) that worked first try (!!!)
WIPmain menu for sharpcdf’s first Haxe game, made with Ceramic.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
18~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- Optimizer fails when using structural subtyping issue.
.classfiles are invalid on windows fixed.
[hxcpp]Support type parameters on extern classes merged.
- Allow for
.custom.hxin module resolution feature request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.