Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Administrative Organization Changes for OpenFL. ️
- Haxe to OCaml preview announcement. ️
- Pilie Pals - Russian localization and language mods article by Kirill Poletaev.
- Twitter thread from SRDude, author of
magic-array-tools, about the
- New posts by Oleg Dolya, Procgen Arcana and Procgen Mansion
In case you missed it
- OpenFL Updates and Budget discussion.
- Created a shader language that can be converted to GLSL (Japanese) blog post about HGSL by Saharan. ️
- Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard will be showcased live at TokyoSandbox (in Akihabara) on Apr 23th-24th.
- Kirill Poletaev has integrated the new bitmap font generation system into Pilie Pals. Check out the article about it.
- Kirill has also published an article How I create games with with my own 3D engine alone (in Russian).
- Updates about Dune: Spice Wars:
- High Security Compound Level Playthrough by Merrak.
- Phantom Path - Full Game Soundtrack (Dark Fantasy Music, Dungeon Synth) by Kirill Poletaev.
- Pilie Pals - Full Game Soundtrack by Kirill Poletaev.
- How to add equipment and Items to your RPG game devlog by RPG Playground.
- Fight and Flight - Original Soundtrack by Fraymakers.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dune: Spice Wars is in Early Access now! ️
- Phantom Path Soundtrack is on Steam as a standalone purchase or in a bundle with the game.
- Pilie Pals’ Soundtrack is on Steam as a standalone purchase or in a bundle with the game.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Griss has published a little game made with Ceramic engine - Tap the ✨GLOWING SQUARE✨.
- SpaceVim lang#haxe layer has been added.
- HaxeUI buttons (and dropdowns) can now optionally use item renderers for totally custom content.
- Josh Tynjala has created a little Kha extension to draw non-convex filled polygons using more advanced triangulation.
- ʇ0mmy is working on a video extension for HL/ Heaps based on libVLC. First tests are promising, with fast smooth playback and audio!
From the Haxe Discord server
4.0.0has been released.
git- Evil Haxe - A cobbled-together, modified version of Haxe.
git- Structured and Unstructured Errors.
git- Minilang is a super simple and basic language that can be used to teach children how to program.
git- A cross-platform library for tax forms.
git- Lime native CFFI features.
git- Boilerplate code for creating a HaxeUI Application using OpenFL for rendering.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Tightrope Theatre by Advent “features total of 100 levels across 5 different theatres, with 20 levels each”. Made with Stencyl.
- Sébastien Bénard started working on next game!
- Development on Scraps of Light continues!
- Rob Clemmons Jr is testing out color modes for Patches Of Adventure.
- The testament by Naoya. ️
- Couple of quick videos from upcoming [Speer DX] game by Andrej:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Skyfire2008 shared new videos from
- Unfamiliar, plus the game’s announcement by Dan Lin.
- Torcado’s Ludum Dare 50 entry - Chronis.
- Duck It! via Squidly.
- Volcano Maintenance by jefvel.
- The Pit by ZwodahS. Made with Heaps.
- Lightseekers by Chekisteg. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Puddle Boat by Pirhana. Made with Heaps.
- Snowcastle meltdown by Noiyy. Made with OpenFL.
- Xermatt Redux. Made with Heaps.
- Calcium Carnage by Liam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
14~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing of interest.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.