Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- OpenFL Updates and Budget discussion.
- Created a shader language that can be converted to GLSL (Japanese) blog post about HGSL by Saharan. ️
- Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard will be showcased live at TokyoSandbox (in Akihabara) on Apr 23th-24th.
- Kirill Poletaev has integrated the new bitmap font generation system into Pilie Pals. Check out the article about it.
- Kirill has also published an article How I create games with with my own 3D engine alone (in Russian).
- Updates about Dune: Spice Wars:
In case you missed it
- Squuuidly has streamed work on Renaine on twitch.
- My Orcane is kind of moving by Fraymakers.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- How to create custom a deadzone or follow camera position in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Motion Twin’s Dead Cells: The Queen and the Sea DLC is out on iOS and Android. The free updates Everyone is Here and Practice Makes Perfect are available to download too! ️
- Patreons can now check out an exclusive preview build of [Speer DX]!
From the Haxe Discord server
git“Extension libraries available when writing Python, such as support for Python’s multivariate arguments” by rainyt.
git- 使用Haxe编写OCaml代码 / Writing OCaml code with Haxe. ️
git- hxSUInt is a simple implementation of a sequentially comparative unsigned integer. ️
git- Chip8 emulator written in Haxe using Kha (alias pain).
git- Print armory3d arm files as json, by tong.
0.11.0has been released!
1.1.3have been released!
2.1.0has been released!
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Unfamiliar, plus the game’s announcement by Dan Lin.
- Torcado’s Ludum Dare 50 entry - Chronis.
- Duck It! via Squidly.
- Volcano Maintenance by jefvel.
- The Pit by ZwodahS. Made with Heaps.
- Lightseekers by Chekisteg. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Puddle Boat by Pirhana. Made with Heaps.
- Snowcastle meltdown by Noiyy. Made with OpenFL.
- Xermatt Redux. Made with Heaps.
- Calcium Carnage by Liam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Shadowfi has made a quick xml resizer in Haxe.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 2-7 by Fierce.
- Hand picked by the gods, Einherjars are the most renowned warriors in all of Northgard.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 1-5 Flyla Stage by Fierce.
- EZWorksheet is “an app that takes images / documents of worksheets, and converts them into answerable documents, on which you can write and draw” built with HaxeUI by Shahar Marcus via Ian Harrigan.
- Merrak is “still working on revisions to High Security Compound level of Rogue of Vallas”.
- Couple of quick videos of boss fights from Renaine:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
22~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[macro/display]Setting ComplexType to Field breaks Position data issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.