Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Jamming out devlog by Nick MSGhero.
- Introducing Ideckia, a “system to use your smartphone or tablet as a control panel” created by Josu Igoa.
- Take a deep dive with Fraymakers, “into a special portion of the engine that handles how stage collisions work in Fraymakers. Introducing: the Environment Collision Body!”
- First major content update for Wartales, Harag’s Marshlands.
- Dev Log
#10- New Tribe
In case you missed it
- Story Creator - Episode 4 - Completing File/Folder Management by StoryDev.
- Story Creator - Episode 5 - Script Executions and Validations by StoryDev.
#5Programming - Editing Scripted Events - Part 1 by StoryDev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Uroboros - Fraymakers Original Soundtrack.
- Rogue of Vallas Area 1 Level 2 Comparison by Merrak.
- Free extra tileset for your RPG! indie devlog by RPG Playground.
- Story Creator - Episode 1 - Setup File Management by StoryDev.
- Story Creator - Episode 2 - Our Seamless Convo Finder by StoryDev.
- Story Creator - Episode 3 - Designing the Script Editor by StoryDev.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Oleg Dolya has released their
#7DRLentry called Dark Clues, available on
- Playdigious are releasing the Queen and the Sea DLC for Dead Cells mobile version on April 7th. Check out the trailer. Also the Practice Makes Perfect and Everyone is Here updates are arriving at the same time.
In case you missed it
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Draft mode in Dice Tribes: Ambitions is now live.
- Interstice Academy: Love is Blind by Nick.
- Ruby Heart Matchmakers by Prexot / goldenPiGames.
- Oleg Dolya has “improved night mode in which city lights do not obscure details as they used to do”.
- Ian Harrigan shares the progress made to the HaxeUI “action manager”.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, K Board Games is showing the progress of the board games. And is always looking for help in this open source board game project.
- Via the Deepnight Discord server, LDtk beta 5 is out!
- Via the Deepnight Discord server, Sébastien Benard has added “9-slice scaling” mode for Entity tile rendering.
WIPThis is a guide for Haxe syntax, fully commented.
git- Simple finite state machine implementation in Haxe.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Take your first foray into Harag’s Marshlands in Wartales.
- Pushing blocks of light in the new
WIPpuzzle game by Robert Alvarez.
- One million tiny fixes later, crypt tileset with smooth foggy water is more or less ready to go! by mauve for Addlemoth.
- Motion Twin are teasing something shiny and new for Dead Cells.
- A picture of the menu background from In your books.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Who’s that singing in Minicology??
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
5~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Rework internal frontend part 1 “Server Mode” merged.
- Rework internal frontend part 2 “Diagnostics” merged.
- Sort out server module marks pull request.
- Safe navigation runtime error issue.
[eval]Compiler crash on
.substrwith an invalid string issue.
[jvm]Generated bytecode Implements an interface twice fixed.
[jvm]Allow option to produce
.classfiles without zipping them into a jar added to nightly.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.