Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Daily Speed-Scrabble-Bananagrams-like… with a Destructive Twist word game announcement of LetterShredder.com by Jeff Ward!
In case you missed it
1.4in-depth release article by Ian Harrigan.
- The first RPG Playground GAME NIGHT will be on Friday Feb 18 @ 7pm-9pm EST. ️
- Feathers UI Devlog
#41: RouterNavigator path parameters and redirects, lime-openfl-maven-plugin, TodoMVN and HN Reader samples. ️
- Dan Hett “had a chance to go deep on the writing and production of Closed Hands with
@gamedevdotcom, if you’re interested in why the game exists and how we managed it, have a peek!”.
- Introducing: House Harkonnen in Dune: Spice Wars.
- Introduction to the Haxe programming language tutorial (in Greek) by Harpwood.
- Timothy Ian Hely is still working on new Snippets for HaxeFlixel. Do you have suggestions or want to help us out?
- Fraymakers share “Where the pain grows” soundtrack, with the high quality version on YouTube.
- Vallas Alarm System video by Merrak.
- Adding physics to a HaxeFlixel game with Echo part 6 | Substates | Pausing updates | Pause screen by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Make potions from BAT WINGS indie game devlog by RPG Playground.
- Mixing Combat Mechanics from My Favorite Games? video by Isaac.
- Outtakes - Why do you make programmers lives so hard? by StoryDev.
- In Your Books - A Letter? trailer.
- Dune: Spice Wars Dev Chat stream VOD.
- Will Blanton started tik-tok account and posts micro devlogs there.
- How to color grade water in Armory3D game engine with blender video by Exceptional 3D tutorials.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas Lighting Demonstration by Merrak.
- Adding physics to a HaxeFlixel game with Echo part 5 | Overlap triggers by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Importing assets on iOS video by ArmorPaint.
- Armory3D and blender versions explained - Why Armory doesn’t use normal blender by Exceptional 3D tutorials.
- Armory3D in 2022 | Is it good now? video by Exceptional 3D tutorial.
- Ingame Menu added game devlog by RPG Playground.
- I Made a Game with Ecological Mechanics! video by Isaac Denner.
- Did You Miss It? - Week
#2Programming video by StoryDev.
- Dune: Spice Wars - First Gameplay Trailer.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- ZAVOD Games (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Senior Haxe developer to work on Taonga: the Island Farm.
- Frontend Game Developer job offer in Moscow, Russia.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- The team at SoccerTutor are offering a bounty to get this
[cpp]issue 8400 fixed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dune: Spice Wars official website.
- Football Bin Fling! Play it now available on itch.io, by Jano Games.
- Unept has released Into The Pit, now live on Poki, made with Stencyl.
In case you missed it
- Wartales is
20%off till the end of February the 20th on Steam!
- Bad Soccer Manager is available on iOS by Jano Games made in Stencyl.
- Andrej has released version
1.0.3of Go! Go! PogoGirl with a “much requested feature: A timer that tracks and saves your best times, so you can try to speedrun the game!”
- New ArmorPaint builds are out on iOS and Android. More to come!
- MOTO RUN 3310 by Michael Miriti.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Mig Moog has finished The Zoo Game and open sourced it.
- Moonshine IDE
3.3.1and SDK Install
3.2.0have been released!
1.5.0has been released.
git- A fanmade version of Japan’s favorite puzzle fighter!
git- Provides extra features not available in vanilla Haxe.
git- Instant game,
WIPtanks multiplayer game.
git- Experimental HXCPP debugger using lldb or the Windows debugger engine. Also check out the video preview over on the Haxe Discord server.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Hashlink running in WebAssembly by AxGord. ️
- New GIF from Addlemoth by mauve: ahaha she’s perfect.
- “The part of level design [Merrak] finds the most surprisingly difficult is ignoring [their] inner OSHA”.
- Squidly continue streaming development of Renaine. Here are new GIFs from it:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Swordcube is making Subpar Rhythm game.
- Naoya shared new GIF from
- Frying☆Pan shared couple of GIFs showing platform fighter progress.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
33~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[tests]Restore Flash tests pull request.
[hl/php]Enable sqlite tests and others pull request.
[lua]Minimal implementation of ssl pull request.
Context.withImportspull request. Check out the example usage
[neko]Migrate to PCRE2 library merged.
[hxcpp]Fix Unicode file operations merged.
- Semaphores and condition variables merged.
- Null coalescing operator merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.