Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Moonshine IDE’s code editor powered by Feathers UI!
- iOS & Android Native Extension discussion.
- Taking Hostages – DQ2 Progress Report for October 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#26: Shwing! by Andrej Preradovic.
- Personal website made entirely with Armory3D by Rogério Perdiz.
- Happy anniversary to Double Turn!
In case you missed it
4.2.4has been officially released!
- HaxeIn 2021 powered by InnoGames - Winter Edition announcement by Josefiene.
- Feathers UI beta.7 preview build on HaxeLib article by Josh Tynjala.
- Octodad for Early Access! 🐙OCTOTOBER🐙 - October 2021 Fraymakers Roundup.
- 🏠Village Generator
1.2.7: improved fields and roads article by Oleg Dolya.
- Kenny Golf wrote up Devtober 2021 Postmortem about porting Double Turn to Switch. ️
- How get sprite to follow path HaxeFlixel tutorial by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Make your first game with Armory3D beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Make your first game in Armory3D part 2 beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- How Dead Cells & Little Kids Sparked Nuclear Blaze video game review and interview with Sébastien Bénard.️
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 35 - Rage Quitting Intensifies by Questionable Programming.
- Input nodes EXPLAINED - Armory 3D - beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Action nodes EXPLAINED - Armory 3D - beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Logic and conditions EXPLAINED - Armory 3D - beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard released on Itch.io.
- IriySoft has ported Battalion Commander to Android, the iOS version is coming soon!
- Memory Match Game Prototype for OpenFL by George Harpwood.
- Surprise! This Thursday the 11th, Dicey Dungeons is coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S!
- Heck Deck by torcado will be released on PC and mobile on January 11th, 2022!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jefvel has released an endless mode for Grandpa’s Minigun.
In case you missed it
- Bad Soccer Manager is out now, created by Jano Games using Stencyl. Available from the app store.
- Jefvel has released Grandpa’s Minigun onto Newgrounds, in which “you can shoot stuff extremely hard”.
- Tom Thirkettle has released SUPER SCARY MONSTER ROAD, out now on iOS, made with Stencyl.
- Robert Alvarez has released CCMMYY on Itch and NewGrounds.
- HxFloppyBird is the 9th of 10 simple game prototypes made by George Harpwood.
- Harold Swore An Oath by Nathm8, source available on GitHub.
- Distactia by Kino Rose, source code available on GitHub.
- Dice Kingdom by ZwodahS, source available on GitLab.
- Put a Flag on It! by Drewby and Sparkhur, source available on GitHub.
- Git Gold by John Doughty, source available on GitHub.
- Dash OVERLORD by Bogdan2D, source available on GitHub.
- Battle of the Overlords by Serius Games, source available on GitHub.
- OverloadS by GoKritz, source available on GitHub.
- Haxe Jam by CerealBuffer, source available on GitHub.
- Sidebars and splitters working in haxeui-pdcurses (text mode user interface)… because… … why not!
- HaxeUI now has a very simple, but very useful “card” component!
- Kaelan Evans has added an arbitrary angle snap to LineRider and here is some cool effect when using 179 degree snapping.
- Setup HashLink VM GitHub Action by Cédric Belin.
git- A simple math parser, used more of as a learning experience.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej will be released this year!
- Winter is coming to Go! Go! PogoGirl!
- Super Cosmic Heist - Machinery Repairs Station.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 5-1
- Knock! Knock! The Drifter from Heart Machine will be soon in Dead Cells!
- Oleg Dolya is back to the idea of “neighbourhood generator”.
- Cliff Hall’s tweet about Haxe code enduring.
- Ddmills has written their first Haxe Heaps shader in order to shroud any entities in the fog.
- Using Poisson-Disc sampling to place colonies on the map.
- Tyler shows some bird-flying physics made in HaxeFlixel.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Bumble Bee has been working on a lil game for a while now, its supposed to be a beat-em up bullet hell. Here is the
WIPof a 3D game by Kino.
- Jefvel tests object batching in Heaps - framerate starts to drop at around 60k entities.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
haxe.Int64Numeric Literal Suffix proposal. ️
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
- Add Number Separator proposal.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification…
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:java.defaultvs interface order issue.
- The Haxe Evolution meeting has taken place to discuss proposals, rejecting the following:
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal…
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
In case you missed it
[java/jvm]Respect interface methods with Code attributes pull request.
& Dynamic<T>pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!