Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Flow and Feedback – DQ2 Progress Report for July 2021 devlog by Lars Doucet.
- Kirill Poletaev has shared new screenshots from the fourth world of upcoming puzzle game Pilie Pals.
In case you missed it
- Shiro games will be hosting an AMA over on Twitch on 29/07, answering your questions about all of their existing and upcoming projects!
- Implement One-Way Collisions in HaxeFlixel article written by Andrej.
- Aidan Lee has written the “Building an Extensible Asset Pipeline with Haxe and Cppia Scripts” article which goes into how they re-worked their engine asset pipeline.
- Pilie Pals - World 3 Screenshots quick devlog by Kirill Poletaev.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 22 by Questionable Programming.
- What is the Ceramic game engine? video by Richard Oliver Bray. Plus a quick comment by Jérémy Fa, Ceramic’s author.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Sébastien Bénard is looking for a Japanese translator for the upcoming game Nuclear Blaze SCP.
- Small startup Moddy is looking for the Haxe developer to work on game engine and game editor (they are using Heaps) for their upcoming game console.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- A short term & remote code review job for a HaxeFlixel Browser Game is available.
- Saga Education are looking to hire a full-time software engineer focusing on web & edtech. US only.
Saga Education, is hiring a senior-level software engineer. We use a lot of tech, both frontend and backend, but a lot of our frontend code is in Haxe. We build cool, meaningful EDTech products like this digital whiteboard: Woot Math Scratchpad.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Sling 2 by ty has taken 3rd place in LospecJam1!
- Wishlist Go! Go! PogoGirl on Steam.
- Robert Alvarez has released Teleport Jumper, their newest puzzle platformer, available on itch.io and Newgrounds, created in Stencyl.
- Immanent Death has released Subterranean onto Newgrounds, created with Stencyl.
- Psychofunk is a Google Play “Indie Games Festival” finalist, a game created by Tommy Søreide Kjær and created in Stencyl.
- Fiscal Jesters
0.2.1has been released onto itch.io by kyatt7. "This update includes new playable character Polly, a mermaid with a penchant for TCGs ". Created with HaxeFlixel. Expect to encounter Dr. Sen in the tutorials, “a boney specter who found a yellow lab coat at a thrift shop.”
- Scraps of Light has released a demo onto itch.io, created with Heaps.
- SavanDev has released ColorLess
1.1onto itch.io, a short pixel game created in HaxeFlixel.
- You can now sign up to take part in the upcoming Wartales playtests over on Steam.
- Heck Deck changelog
v1.7.1: added emotion by torcado.
- If you’re in St. Louis then you’ll be able to play new game by Axol Studio at the St. Louis Science Center this Friday from 3:30 to 7:30 PM.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, ZwodahS has released Abyss
itch.io, which includes a whole new forest level.
In case you missed it
- Joaquin Bello has released Yolky for the Newgrounds July Game Jam, built with Kha.
- Michael Miriti has released Pipes Minigame onto
itch.io, made in a few hours for
- Pixel Turkey has released Egg Match a match-3 game for Newgrounds July Game Jam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Alex Johansson has made 100% POOL available for playtesting on iOS. If you’re interested in testing, drop them a line! Made in Stencyl.
- Ty has released Sling 2, a "retro platformer~battler" onto
#LospecGame Jam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Axol Studio have releases a short simple game for Newgrounds July Game Jam, made in a week and with HaxeFlixel, called Eggsolotl!
- Kyatt has released Fiscal Jesters! “It’s a 1-4 player competitive puzzle game inspired by 90s upside-down puzzlers like Magical Drop and Money Idol Exchanger.” Check out the alpha build available on
- Northgard has made its way to the Epic Games Store!
- Chessformer by Robert Alvarez now has a Steam store page.
- Stargazers game had been made for the Touch The Stars Game Jam. Update coming soon, so consider it a teaser.
- A New Home (DLC for CrossCode) will launch on PS4, Xbox and Switch on August 5th.
- Luyren has updated the Cutscene Resource pack.
- KadeDev has released Magic Babies onto Newgrounds for the July Game Jam, made with HaxeFlixel, with the source available on GitHub.
- Ian Harrigan has added the ability to sort data sources in HaxeUI.
- Justin has shared demos of cornerContour working in different engines/backends:
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Ludovic Bas has shared a live demo for kadabra-anims, presets animations use actuate.
3.0.1has been released.
7.0.0has been released.
git- A Haxe library for reading (and eventually, writing) GLTF files.
- Kino Rose has started working on Haxe Externs for RPGPaperMaker once again. You can track progress by following the GitHub repo.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Fierce is preparing the SCL Update, which includes hidden warp zones in Cosmic Land. Check out the latest in-game screen shots.
- Super Cosmic Heist 2022 World 4-3
- Jano Games has started working on a new prototype, created in Stencyl. Two other prototypes are Bath Jump and Annoying Golf, both lifted from Bad Soccer Manager.
- You can now see how much impact your spells have on critters in Filippo Bodei’s Dungeon Pest Control, created in HaxeFlixel.
- In order to find the secret red gems in Go Go PogoGirl! you’ll need to use all the bouncing moves in your arsenal!
- Jefvel is selling fish made with Heaps.
- Fab is trying to add more interesting enemies in their indie shooter platform game, created with HaxeFlixel.
- Mauve has shared couple of quick videos from
- Couple of new GIFs from Jitter Sandbox by Syo:
From the Haxe Discord server
- 01010111 previews “a new fake 3D thing with robots and stuff using the sprite stacking method” plus “using some pixel quantization” both by Austin East. Created with HaxeFlixel, with inspiration from Sébastien Bénard shadow and lighting work. Now with more pew pew pew and particles!
- 1337 has showed MP4/WEBM/MKV (and almost every video codec) support in OpenFL/HaxeFlixel, with no license problems thanks to VLC.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
4~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
ArrayAccess<T>as a type constraint pull request.
- Closure var eliminated unexpectedly issue.
[hl]LibUV externs for HashLink pull request.
1.40bindings pull request.
In case you missed it
--dce fulland a call before super produce
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!