Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Shiro games will be hosting an AMA over on Twitch on 29/07, answering your questions about all of their existing and upcoming projects!
- Implement One-Way Collisions in HaxeFlixel article written by Andrej.
- Aidan Lee has written the “Building an Extensible Asset Pipeline with Haxe and Cppia Scripts” article which goes into how they re-worked their engine asset pipeline.
- Pilie Pals - World 3 Screenshots quick devlog by Kirill Poletaev.
In case you missed it
- HaxeFlixel Day is almost upon us! Only a few days left to make cool little games and submit to Newgrounds or itch.io to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the first ever commit to HaxeFlixel by Alexandder Hohlov. And maybe make it Egg themed so it can participate in the Newgrounds July Jam.
- StoryDev - A parser for interactive story development now has its own editor.
- One-Way Collisions article by Andrej.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 21 by Questionable Programming.
- Pilie Pals - Puzzles with bombs - Devlog
#5by Kirill Poletaev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Episode 57 “The Future of Web Games” of The Newgrounds Podcast featuring Lars Doucet, Nicolas Cannasse and Cameron Taylor (ninja_muffin99) is now available! via Lars Doucet.
- ArmorPaint. News. July 21, 2021 video by Alexander Kiryanov.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 20 by Questionable Programming.
- Why does Awesome HaxeFlixel exist? HaxeFlixel game development resources video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- New puzzle mechanic - Devlog
#4video by Kirill Poletaev.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- A short term & remote code review job for a HaxeFlixel Browser Game is available.
- Saga Education are looking to hire a full-time software engineer focusing on web & edtech. US only.
Saga Education, is hiring a senior-level software engineer. We use a lot of tech, both frontend and backend, but a lot of our frontend code is in Haxe. We build cool, meaningful EDTech products like this digital whiteboard: Woot Math Scratchpad.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Joaquin Bello has released Yolky for the Newgrounds July Game Jam, built with Kha.
- Michael Miriti has released Pipes Minigame onto
itch.io, made in a few hours for
- Pixel Turkey has released Egg Match a match-3 game for Newgrounds July Game Jam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Alex Johansson has made 100% POOL available for playtesting on iOS. If you’re interested in testing, drop them a line! Made in Stencyl.
- Ty has released Sling 2, a "retro platformer~battler" onto
#LospecGame Jam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Axol Studio have releases a short simple game for Newgrounds July Game Jam, made in a week and with HaxeFlixel, called Eggsolotl!
- Kyatt has released Fiscal Jesters! “It’s a 1-4 player competitive puzzle game inspired by 90s upside-down puzzlers like Magical Drop and Money Idol Exchanger.” Check out the alpha build available on
- Northgard has made its way to the Epic Games Store!
- Chessformer by Robert Alvarez now has a Steam store page.
- Stargazers game had been made for the Touch The Stars Game Jam. Update coming soon, so consider it a teaser.
- A New Home (DLC for CrossCode) will launch on PS4, Xbox and Switch on August 5th.
- Luyren has updated the Cutscene Resource pack.
- KadeDev has released Magic Babies onto Newgrounds for the July Game Jam, made with HaxeFlixel, with the source available on GitHub.
In case you missed it
- Dan Hett is getting ready to put a paid version of Closed Hands up on Steam, with loads of extra content, soundtrack and a directors commentary, plus lots more.
- Check out the Colorful 3D Platformer Bundle on Steam featuring the Haxe powered Speebot game by Kirill Poletaev via Allan Dowdeswell.
- Poker Quest - a poker themed roguelike.
- Shiro Games have published Northgard Balancing Patch
#7~ July 2021 release notes.
- Justin has a rough version of cornerContour
gitwork in ceramic
git. Check out the demo which shows parsing SVG paths and drawing to canvas rather than GL.
- Josh Tynjala has compiled Feathers UI components-explorer sample on a Raspberry Pi 4 (over SSH from macOS). Here is the photo of it running on Raspberry Pi 4.
- Rainy plans “to support direct rendering of 3D on OpenFL’s WebGL target” in the announcement post OpenFL3D Render, with source code available on GitHub.
git- A basic app that showcases a motivational quote app in Haxe and React Native.
git- A language heavily derived from Expression2.
git- A small code interpreter made in Haxe.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- “Who cares about collision detection when you have pathfinding” in the indie HaxeFlixel game by Questionable Programming.
- 100% native HaxeUI app using coconut.haxeui
git& the haxeui.hxwidgets
gitbackend via Ian Harrigan. “A glorified but flexible todo app with recurring tasks, being used for an MMO” built by klabz.
- Questionable Programming previews Dread of the Undead , built with HaxeFlixel.
- Super Cosmic Heist 2022 - Four worlds to explore before infiltrating the Prison Planet by Fierce. Made in Stencyl.
- Syo previews Jitter Sandboxes latest preview “In search of a spectacular explosion”. Made with Heaps.
- Mauve has been doing a bunch of stage/backend work on Addlemoth puzzle game.
- Brown cows in
WIPgame Frontier Story by jmw327.
- SavanDev is ready to update ColorLess using HaxeFlixel.
- Couple of quick videos from WIP Go! Go! PogoGirl game by Andrej:
From the Haxe Discord server
- ZwodahS has redrawn most of the assets for Explore the Abyss game prototype.
- Some GUI from Spidyy’s game prototype, which is being made with Heaps.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
6~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
--dce fulland a call before super produce
In case you missed it
@:multiType-inception instantiates non-existent constructors issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!