Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Dead Cells sold 1 million copies in China ‘within a few days’ of launch.
- community.haxe.org is back up and running! After a fire at the hosting datacenter.
- HF Breakout 3 - Hitting Bricks tutorial by Andrej, publicly available on the 27th March.
- LunaTechs - Case Files RPGMaker Plugin article by Kino Rose.
In case you missed it
- Kenny Goff has written “Freelance, burnout, and Double Turn: 4 Years of Inwave Labs”.
It’s been 4 years since I started Inwave Labs and @doubleturngame so I wrote up my thoughts and reflections on the ups and downs of my indie game dev adventure.
- Oleg Dolya has written about Perilous Shores
1.1.1: coastal maps, font settings & more.
- Adding Invincibility To Your HaxeFlixel Game article by Kino Rose.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 3 by Questionable Programming.
- Stencyl Tutorial Series: Actor Aura and After Image Update video by Luyren.
- Music Teaser for Patches Of Adventure by Rob Clemmons Jr.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 2 by Questionable Programming.
- Stencyl Quick Tips - Directions and Angles video by Luyren.
- Stencyl Quick Tips - Drawing Blocks video by Luyren.
- Today at 1pm Dan Hett from PΔSSENGER “will be going live with the second of our Closed Hands panels, examining Muslim representation within videogames”.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.11is now live on Steam and Itch.io! Read all about it here. via Terry Cavanagh.
- The BadSeed DLC for Dead Cells is coming March 30th on your mobile devices! via Playdigious.
- Luyren has added an input buffer for all attacks/commands in AI and Combat pack.
- Arachnowopunk by Benny Heller is now available for free on iOS!
In case you missed it
- Luyren has updated their AI and Combat Pack with “new behaviors: Radial Position Finder, for configuring attacks for rotating actors, and Actor Registry, to enable raycast to actors.” Available from itch.io.
- Luyren has “updated the Camera Follow behaviour from [their] Utility Pack with finer control options and better movement between camera locked areas!” Available from itch.io.
- Jano Games has released the “early demo of Escape the Drop” which can be played on itch.io.
- A couple of videos from gepatto:
0.14.8has been released.
git- A basic Haxe build tool for keeping the dependencies and Haxe locked.
git- Experimental port of https://github.com/vislyhq/stretch to Haxe.
git- An example Haxe macro compiler.
git- Lightweight Cross-platform 2D game framework.
- A HaxeUI Basic GUI
gitby Fred Langva.
[tink_web]A way to just obtain a route’s URL without invoking it issue.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Renaine testing out their new combo counter by breaking it. The previews look a lot better zoomed in.
- LDenner has added a target for testing actual weapon DPS via the Haxe Discord channel.
- Mig Moog is “making a fangame of @Levi__Ramirez’s The Glutton’s Spray. It’s made with HaxeFlixel and Austin East’s physics library echo”.
- Failed docking of the “Soyuz” spacecraft in Jitter Sandbox by Syo, made with Heaps. And Syo has launched a simple site for Jitter Sandbox.
WIPSuper Cosmic Heist World 2-1, World 2-2 & World 2-4 by Fierce, made in Stencyl.
- “The Cavern Mines have you deal with deactivating Mine Drills/Grinders and riding Cable-Cars to advance” by Fierce.
- “Look at those little guys go! Made this game in a week with Haxe and HaxeFlixel .” by Kino Rose.
- 👺 “get him, boys!” by 1speed. And a night-day GIF from the Haxe Discord channel.
- Today’s weekly Mine Blocks Beta update includes xp orbs, functioning eyes of ender and 5000 lines of code for mobs being ported.
- 3B New Hallucination Effects from Steel Seraph.
- The first attempt at creating a proper boss by Questionable Programming.
- New quick video by GlassySundew showcasing save games management.
- mauve is back to making obnoxious puzzles again.
- Screenshot from shakesode showing Haxe HL/C + bgfx running happily on M1 Mac Mini.
- Hmm… what could this be? from
WIPgame Heck Deck by torcado.
- SCRAPS OF LIGHT GAME is working on really dark hallways, using really old rendering techniques.
- Simple physics with Heaps by Techy Wrinkles.
- The industrial scenario of Energy Island Corp. by Spirkop games.
- Portals and gravity from
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez.
- Does this count as a chorus line? from Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej.
- The palindromes are actually really hard to type. You’re typing LTR but then the remaining letters are back where you started. By Nick.
- A proof-of-concept generator for a Truncated Cone by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Another generated papertoy from an unfinished book by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Some experiments from Oleg Dolya, which I believe will end up in Medieval Fantasy City Generator:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
12~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- No-op switch not eliminated by analyzer fixed.
- Abstract implicit cast prevents finding explicit one issue.
[crypto]FIX: Aes, Blowfish, Des and Twofish decrypt() functions merged.
- Compiler define flags switching dash to underscore can result in flag defined with two values issue.
_dyncan make HXCPP fail issue.
In case you missed it
[hxcpp]Map appears to loose entries after a lot of read access issue.
- Method type parameter constraints pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!