Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.1has been released!
- Try the new try.haxe.org! Check out the source code on GitHub.
- Haxe: Using class reification in
@:buildmacros article by Vadam.
4.2.0– Module Level Fields Update article by Kino Rose.
- PogoGirl Devlog #13: The Tools of Pogo by Andrej.
- HaxeFlixel Breakout Tutorial. Part 2 - Balls and Walls by Andrej.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.2: basic integration with Armoria by Oleg Dolya.
- Newgrounds is hosting the Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam!
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG. To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team and over $1.4k from the community!
In case you missed it
- Twinspire - a new website and tools announcement.
Twinspire is a set of utility libraries that, together, can aid in the development of applications, video games and websites. It is divided up into three modules, which includes UI, Game and Web, in addition to the Core module which these three rely on.
- @cr0wn hosted a CTF competition this weekend. One of the challenges Aurel made was about reverse engineering a piece of Haxe code. Here is a write-up from one of the people who solved it, with the challenge file included at the top.
- Kino Rose has written the article “HaxeFlixel – Creating A Tower Defense”, their recently finished game created in a week, which is also available to play online.
- “Updates Games And 2021” patreon post by Axol Studio.
- Procgen Mansion
2.1.0: OBJ export and other new features by Oleg Dolya.
- “HF Breakout 1 - Anatomy of a Project” tutorial by Andrej.
- Check out the mobile preview of Northgard via Playdigious.
- Copy-paste + exciting news! video by RPG Playground.
- The Pawspector Launch stream by Axol Studio.
- An Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 0 video by Questionable Programming.
- DAGGONE TROUBLE MAKIN SLIME video from
WIPOpenFL-based game by Will Blanton.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- “After leading the defectors to safety, Seraphine sets out to destroy the mothership’s gravity generator” from Steel Seraph, a game made with Stencyl.
- ArmorPaint. Teddy bear. Procedural knit fabric video by Alexander Kiryanov.
- EP5. How to add a solid color/colour GLSL fragment shader to a sprite in HaxeFlixel - Shader course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 13: AI Redesign, Part 2 video by Merrak.
- Axol Studio will be hosting a livestream event on Monday, March 1st at 7pm CST to show off the second of their Monthly Mini-games: The Pawspector!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Goldspace, a twin-stick shooter pixel game, packaged in space exploration has been released. Check out the release trailer. Made with Stencyl, via Luyren.
- “Spooksville, USA” is available to play FREE on Newgrounds with Medals by Axol Studio!
In case you missed it
- Expeditions has arrived to Northgard, bringing a new level of customisation to Northgard and townhalls & warchiefs have never looked better!
- Northgard was also featured on Lenovo Legion.
- Axol Studio has submitted “Heck House - A Chilluminati Adventure” to Newgrounds.
- Witch one? was made in 4 days for Scribble Jam in HaxeFlixel.
- Collapsible labels are now in HaxeUI core as pure CSS, by Ian Harrigan.
- Custom syntax highlight in scintilla (haxeui-html5 & haxeui-hxwidgets) by Ian Harrigan.
- LDtk version
0.8.1have been released.
Level custom fields, resizable entities and more!
1.9.0has been released.
- Lubos Lenco has released 2021.3 versions of iron, armory and zui.
git- For displaying colored console/terminal output with Haxe (i.e.chalk).
git- An integrated editor for building video games, software applications and more.
git- Haxe extension which allows you to set screen orientation on Android.
git- Phidgets for the Haxe C++ target by ʇ0mmy.
gitis a command line time tracking tool.
gitis an alpha example of a simple lighting shader implemented in HaxeFlixel.
git- Read metadata from PlayStation 1 CD images.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Game editor written by JKB Games using HaxeUI targeting OpenFL.
- “Win a match, jump in the bath, simple” by Jano Games, which awards morale and a splash, made with Stencyl.
- Check out some random gameplay from Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej from Oshat Games.
- Techy Wrinkles has spent some time experimenting with Heaps & HashLink.
- “The Hordes are coming” a HaxeFlixel test by Questionable Programming.
- To celebrate their complete attack & animation overhaul, Renaine devs shares a new combo video!
- Check out Mine Blocks weekly last Friday Mine Blocks Beta update!
- Some UI elements from Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Pushing boxes and avoiding spikes from
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez.
- Torcado has added two more new cards. Both offensive this time.
- New screenshot of inventory and crafting UI from
WIPKha-based game. via Abstract_Panic.
- Beginning of a decompiler for custom language. Made by Senk Ju with HaxeUI (hxwidgets backend).
- Walking around and picking up items in
WIPgame by Nyrh from Haxe Discord server.
- Typing game, maybe rhythm-based-adjacent by MSGhero. Made using the firedancer library.
- New quick videos from
WIPpuzzle game by mauve:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
16~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Possible null safety hole with structs and/or monomorphs issue.
- Type inference vs call return types vs abstract casts issue.
- Unexpected behaviour when using #if with an unspecified define issue.
- Typedef unification issue.
In case you missed it
[draft]Coroutine Experiments pull request.
[draft]Coroutine experiments NodeJS prompt line example.
[hashlink]SDL/DX: Add mouse handling API pull request.
[hashlink]GL: Add support for tex sub operations merged.
[analyzer]Local DCE vs. infinite loop issue.
[cpp,hl]Disable lossy implicit cast of
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!