Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Fraymakers is powering through stretch goals on Kickstarter surpassing
$240k, just this week they’ve confirmed the addition of a 9th playable character, super attacks, announcer packs voiced by Alpharad and Tomamoto and the Switch port, with more to hopefully come during its final stretch! In the meantime check out Content Spotlight
#8- Fancy Pants Man and Content Spotlight
- Feathers UI
beta.2preview build on Haxelib by Josh Tynjala.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress Report for November 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- Dead Cells surpasses 3.5 million copies sold ahead of second DLC announcement!
- Haxe conditional compilation saves the day article by Kino Rose.
- The latest FlashDevelop features by SlavaRa:
- Two articles (in Russian) about Armory3D:
In case you missed it
- Dicey Dungeons from Terry Cavanagh and Darksburg from Shiro Games, are part of this year’s Jingle Jam Charity Bundle with
100%of the proceeds going to charity!
- Fraymakers Content Spotlight
#7: Rockman and Lea Kickstarter article from McLeodGaming.
- Mark Knol from MediaMonks has released Cable Detective, a point and click adventure game, to celebrate this years AWS
- PogoGirl Devlog
#9: Making Enemies article by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- Kino Rose has published Haxe Builds files & Compilation, a quick look at an example Haxe Build file that they use for their plugins and games.
- Alexander has published Новости из вселенной Haxe, a transcript of Aleksandr Kuzmenko’s talk given at HaxeIn 2020. via Haxe.ru.
- An article about level creation in Armory3D.
- Perilous Shores
1.1.0: legend, visual & UI improvements by Oleg Dolya.
- Armory Digest - December 2020 issue is now available!
- LDtk by Sébastien Bénard now has an official shiny website!
- Adding music and sound effects to a game in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog
#7: “Quality of Life” Updates video by Merrak.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Spellbreak is coming to Steam!
- Diggy Diggy Deck made by Axol Studio for the Yogscast Game Jam 2020.
beta 1by Axol Studio is available for testing.
- Richard Oliver Bray has created a Udemy course - Making GLSL shaders for 2D game development - HaxeFlixel.
- DESEEDER is now the 11th game ported to Haxe by Alex Lanzetta.
In case you missed it
- The Clan of the Dragon, plus the latest console updates for Northgard by Shiro Games, are now officially available on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4!
- Robert Alvarez has released his newest puzzle game, Elemental Tiles, available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made with Stencyl.
- Motion Twin has announced the new DLC for Dead Cells called “Fatal Falls”. You should wish list it on Steam.
- Look at everyone who are using Haxe for the Advent of Code. via Jordon Replogle.
- Anders Nissen has a small interpreted stack machine made in Cosy
git, his interpreted language, running in the Haxe eval target, while his cat’s being cozy.
- Nanjizal has shared a WebGL, Texture and vectors demo using HaxeUI for controls, plus an example of using a spritesheet for simple text.
- 2D raytracing in Rice2D
gitby Urjasvi Suthar.
- More interesting terrain in Voxel
gitengine by Daniel Blaker.
- Sébastien Bénard is making a tiny Dungeon Master / Eye of the Beholder engine for the
#7DFPS. And using Haxe and Heaps for it.
- Lacuna is another entry for the Game Off 2020 jam, made with OpenFL.
0.6.1has been released.
- Feathers UI
1.0.0-beta.2pre-release for Haxe and OpenFL is now available.
git- A graph theory based visualizer for the Haxe programming language.
git- A code renaming tool for Haxe.
git- An opensource wellness app written in Haxe.
git- Haxe implementation of A Tree-Walk Interpreter.
git- Queue Management System - Pony Web Example.
git- Fastify externs for Haxe usage.
git- An RPGMakerMV/MZ plugin that allows you to create shmup mini-games within your game.
git- Haxe externs for MongoDB.
git- WASM parser in Haxe, made to be fully compatible with Lua.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The first Kickstarter backer created chompy is in Renaine!
- “Directors cut” of Renaine birb GIF.
- Use decals as a brush mask in the latest ArmorPaint builds.
WIPupdate for Curly’s Chase from ludum dare 47 by Dan Lin.
- Joel shares a snippet of combat, testing to see how ruthless enemies should be.
- Ship docking in Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Time it right, and you can use enemies to save time and bypass platforming sections in Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
17~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Operator overloading – wrong function used (definition order-dependent) issue.
- Support overloading
isoperator in abstract types pull request.
- Array type inference with local function issue.
In case you missed it
- In array comprehensions, empty objects match any structure fixed.
StringLiteralKindvalues to string consts merged.
[eval]Max input for
Float64Arrayactually use 64bit floats merged.
isInt64is true for
Intvalue on cpp issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!