Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Scoped CSS comes to HaxeUI, read more on the announcement thread.
- Fun vs. Balance: Defender’s Quest 2 Progress Report for July 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- Should Haxers apply for Pythonist roles? by Justin Mills.
- What do you need to help contribute to OpenFL?
In case you missed it
- Instrument: The new coverage and profiling library announcement thread by Alexander Blum!
- An interview with Sébastien Bénard: Fin de Twinoid : « il n’y a plus d’envie pour du jeu web ».
- Call for Developers: Remaining Items for OpenFL 9 by Joshua Granick.
- Hscript with classes aka “hscript-ex” by Ian Harrigan.
- A couple of diagrams from Game Maker’s Toolkit survey results (they’ve asked developers of 5,400 game jam games):
In case you missed it
- New release of PRG Playground: 5 extra characters: dragons and skeleton. Copy maps functionality was also added. 5 bonus characters when PRG Playground’s YouTube channel reaches 400 subscribers! So subscribe now!
- How to use the reflect API to change objects in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Haxe Beginner’s Tutorial #6 - Booleans and Comparisons video with source code available on GitHub.
- Heaps Tutorial - Compiling Hashlink C code to an Executable video.
- Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej will be at SAGE 2020 September 5th-12th.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Justin Mills is looking for remote or UK (West Country) developer role.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- A web application made with Haxe and React that gives people an idea of how long the amount of caffeine they consume will stay in their system.
- 100 vacas by Eduardo Alonso had been submitted for review. If everything goes well, it will be released on August 17th.
- Double Kick Heroes will release on Nintendo Switch & Steam August 13th! GamePass and for sale on Xbox One & Microsoft Store August 28th! Watch the Release Date Teaser Trailer and read the AMA on reddit.
In case you missed it
- Lops by Marcos Donnantuoni.
- Kikker is a puzzle game made by Voskip with HaxeFlixel, about a frog returning the colours to its pond after they were stolen by a witch.
- Check out Hugh Sanderson’s novel Five-by-5 card came on the Google play store, - a mashup between Solitaire and Match-3 (but harder). Made with Haxe and NME.
- To celebrate the 9th anniversary of Cardinal Quest (aka CQ1) release Ido has decided to make the game’s repository public on GitHub.
- Cybernetically enhaxed web app by Jeremy Meltingtallow with source code available on GitHub.
- HxDoom Lovr Demo by Kaelan Evans. Here is a little Twitter thread about it.
2020.8has been release.
1.1.0has been released.
git- Macro powered ECS Framework written in Haxe.
git- Famuz is a programming language that compiles to Midi. The goal of this project is to create music from atomic musical definitions.
git- A bit vector implementation for Haxe.
- A couple of quick videos by Kevin Leung showing his platform agnostic drag & drop Haxe library:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Watch him burn… by Havana24.
- Early Melon has joined Evil Empire.
- Luyren has overhauled the experience system from their Stencyl resource pack.
- Fedellen is putting together a magical 2D platformer demo for their range of assets, made in Stencyl.
- The post-jam version of Consumable Controls by Robert Alvarez is now published with 9 more levels and other changes.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[Kinc]Implement Vulkan raytracing has been merged.
[hxmath]Inline default math type constructors merged.
[tink_state]No dependency on
[format]Added RLE support to BMP pull request.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
32~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
overloadon extern methods on all targets merged.
Nullfrom optional fields, arguments merged.
[hxcpp]Adding proper implementation for
api_buffer_valfor Neko pull request.
In case you missed it
- Fix comparing underlying recursive type in variance unification merged.
- Refactor operator handling merged.
- Threading API for the Python target merged.
@:usingon typedefs merged.
- Rework unary operator handling merged.
[abstracts]Add support for constructor forwarding with
@:buildon typedef is not allowed fixed.
- Detailed explanation of the recent
@:transitiveabstracts changes, type variance and interfaces. 📝
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!