Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- NewsGrounds are hosting the HaxeFlixel Game Jam! This is a good opportunity to learn things like VisualStudio, HaxeFlixel and Ogmo Editor!
- You can get a copy of SUPER Cute Alien,
100%free, yours forever to keep. Stay at home. Be safe.
- Urjasvi Suthar has created a new tutorial website, which will house Armory3D, Iron and Kha tutorials.
In case you missed it
- This isn’t goodbye, but I will see you around by Lewis Lepton. Let’s all wish him luck with his future projects!
- Osaka Red LLC are cancelling this years HaxeUp due to Covid-19.
- Michael Bickel presents his new startup: An autonomous toilet paper delivery service called
- Renegade Racing by Paul Gene Thompson was “Game Of The Day” in 133 countries on iOS. And it reached number 1 sports game in 31 countries on iPhone and 44 countries on iPad!
- Vulkan has a ray tracing acceleration API now, and Lubos Lenco might throw some related pull-requests at Kha. Plus soon there will be accelerated ray-tracing in ArmorPaint.
- Dicey Dungeons is coming to Nintendo Switch. Thanks to Ruari O’Sullivan, who joined Dicey Dungeons team and helped to port the game! Check out the game’s Nintendo store page.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Stencyl Jam
#19! March 27th - April 6th. You can sign up at Stencyls website.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- New bounty by Kaleido Games: Bounty to make OpenFL work with (FNA/UWP).
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Dicey Dungeons - Switch Announcement Trailer.
- Havana24 has released Soul Shape, his entry for the Weekly Game Jam
#140with the theme “Shapeshift”.
In case you missed it
- Shellrider has released “A lot of Apples”, a game made with HaxeFlixel, for the
quarantinejam available from itch.io.
- Nick Grebenshikov has released Domino Solitaire, a little game created with OpenFL and JiveUI for iOS and Android.
- You can pre-register for Little Square Things by Gregory Sreed on the Google Play store.
- Super MineSweeper II TURBO is made with love and HaxeFlixel as a test from zero to market by filipp8 from Haxe Discord server.
- wBrain - Tools for Teams - Experimental tools for agile and remote teams, made with Haxe and NodeJS. via Felipe Peternella.
git- a node-based graphical synthesizer.
git- A tutorial for making a neato HaxeFlixel game.
- Nanjizal has made some tweaks, updates and internal improvements for Covid-19 cases map for the UK.
- Luyren has released Utility Pack for making Stencyl games. Just in time to be used in the upcoming Stencyl Jam!
- MortMort has worked a little bit on the Rebbi game.
- Finally, some proper lighting in SUPER Cute Alien.
- Pizza is making Skullz ‘n’ Skeletonz. Now with a new PC.
- Morse by Alex Johansson is now fully turn based. Here’s a 15 minute playthrough of the game with developer commentary. And you can contact Alex if you want to help to test this game.
WIPPogo Platformer by Andrej now has a name and a logo! And Andrej has added new Patreon perks for those who want to support the development of his games: you can get sneak peeks, beta builds and discounts, so check it out!
- A couple of new GIFs from Scrapworks game:
- Progress report from Michael Bickel about his experiments with drones 🛸 and Haxe:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Default implementations in interfaces proposal.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
24~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Auto initialize
@:basicDefaultsmeta pull request.
- Allow no type hint for catch var pull request.
- Bound method
In case you missed it
- Min/Max number limits pull request.
- Boolean binop reconstruction vs
- Do not generate redundant final return for
- Cross-target exception handling merged!
- Remove redundant
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!