Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Armory3D has its own roundups! Check out the Armory Digest - March 2020!
- ArmorPaint launches on Android - development builds are up, with support for pen pressure, touch, keyboard, mouse and mirroring to big screen. iOS will follow!
- Sébastien Bénard has written a complete guide to getting started making games using Haxe and the Heaps engine, the same tech used for DeadCells.
- Ammer and Anvil: Haxe Native Extension Toolkit - community thread.
- The Stencyl team are planning to do a Stencyl Jam in a couple of weeks from now!
- Fedellen’s latest devlog
#18: Holographic dolphins.
- Dead Cells won the first Pegase of the ceremony which is the reward for the Best Mobile Game!
In case you missed it
- The EU Haxe Summit 2020 is now official! Find out everything from the announcement and the community thread.
- OpenFL 9 Development Update thread.
- Laser Lightning Bugs in the Spotlight: Defender’s Quest 2 Progress for February 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- Here are a few photos from PAX East 2020, where Octosoft team showed off Renaine:
- Osaka Red LLC are co-hosting a HaxeUp with CrashSpace taking place on April 6th in California.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- New bounty by Kaleido Games: Bounty to make OpenFL work with (FNA/UWP).
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Hello Lightbulb have been busy making a game for
#AustisticaPlayJamwhich is now live on itch.io!
- Oleg Dolya has submitted Book Hunter in the last minutes of
#7DRLmade with Haxe and OpenFL, available on itch.io.
- U-Ge! by Funplox is now being submitted to AppStore and GooglePlay.
- Rogue Mage by Ben Simms has gone live on KaiOS app store! The game is made with Stencyl.
- danausApollo from Haxe discord has released Chat Cafe game made with HaxeFlixel.
In case you missed it
gitis a synchronized video viewing with chat and other features.
gitby Hugh Sanderson - Interface to the enhance.co mobile extensions.
- Haxe Open Database Connectivity Native Extension: HxDBC
gitis a native-extension library for the ammer FFI/stub code generator.
- Gioele Bencivenga is making his first ever game with HaxeFlixel for a school project.
- “Just flip it, easily, quick and stupid simple” Matthijs Kamstra using mirrored animation for a quick good looking animation. And another animation “just mirrored” combined with character animation!
- Footage from the Sonar Smash android beta using Explosive Shot to its finest! Coming April 8th on iOS, Android, PC and Mac!
- Gregory Seed is actively working on a DLC for his puzzle free game Little Square Things.
- A quick video playthrough of Ben Simms game Star Burst, featuring all the latest changes! Made with Stencyl.
- Moving along the path in JitterSandbox by Syo.
WIPstage select screen from turn based puzzle game by mauve.
- Introducing the Darksburg Leaderboard.
- Alex Johansson showcases his snazzy pickup with a sonar pulse animation, which shoots out a ring of bullets when collected for his latest game The Belt, made with Stencyl.
- Alex Johansson also has made his own spin on 2048 where you’re cleaning files up on an old computer’s desktop. Check out the game running on mobile.
- Alex Johansson has also updated UI for Morse.
- A couple of GIFs / videos from
WIPStencyl game by Robert Alvarez:
- A couple of new GIFs from Heck Deck by torcado:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
30~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[jvm]Implement typed functions merged with before & after bench.
extern's default to
- Immediately bound constructor closures create redundant functions issue.
In case you missed it
- Fix error position for duplicate type declarations merged.
[dce]Unification with an anon struct makes dce keep unused class fields issue.
[hxcpp]Replace usage of
gettimeofdayin HXCPP standard library issue.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!