Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Armory3D has been awarded an Epic MegaGrant.
- What is a token tree?
- TalosFray has published a new devlog: “Database migration and back-end updates”.
- A quick guide to installing Haxe and Heaps by Sébastien Bénard.
- Any Haxe devs willing to meetup in Seattle?
- Narenjo Games have updated a bunch of OpenFL extensions for mobile.
- Feathers UI devlog: TextArea and GridView.
- Fedellen latest weekly devlog `#16: rainbow unicorn magic.
- Alexander Gordeyko has created page on Patreon. He is actively developing Pony which is Haxe open-cross-library.
- Will Haxe ever have Rust as a target?
In case you missed it
- Tabletop RPG Map editor II update 15 is out by Sébastien Bénard.
#15Bring the Mechanics Together by fedellen.
- Help the makers of SUPER Cute Alien find a new name! Any suggestion would be really helpful!
- Two new posts by Oleg Dolya, announcing the release of City Viewer
1.0.1and the release of Blueprint editor for Procgen Mansion.
- You know there is
#yeswekhahashtag for Kha, but now there is a new one -
#hailtothekincfor Kinc. via Robert Konrad.
- Cory Martin will be showing his game Leapin Lads at The Game Dev House Party which is a funny coincidence as it happens to be on Leap Day.
- Osaka Red LLC are co-hosting a HaxeUp with CrashSpace taking place on April 6th in California.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- New bounty by Kaleido Games: Bounty to make OpenFL work with (FNA/UWP).
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Gauthier has submitted their
2047bytes game to
#2kplusjam! Available now on itch.io.
- Elite Frog, a semi joke game made by koko back in 2015 has been released, made with Stencyl.
- What global warming?! A game for
1.7.0of Steel Seraph is available on Windows and Linux, across GameJolt, itch.io and Steam.
In case you missed it
- Ian Harrigan has been working on a revamped style system for HaxeUI
1.1, which among other things, supports multistep gradients and better animations!
- Preview of Nanjizal WebGL texturing shapes with their lib
trilateral, coming soon to
- Kaelan previews HxDoom using Lime’s WebGL exposure.
- Tong has released source code for Heaps + ammo.js demo from previous roundup. Plus there is also source code for a Haxe bullet version available.
- Matthijs Kamstra has published another music visualisation: storm the line, beats not included! Also he has added Polygon drawing for canvas and SVG renderers to his creative coding library.
- Enum Extractor provides syntax sugar to access Enum value for one pattern and do nothing for other patterns.
- GMVitalizer by Vadim Dyachenko is a tool that converts GMS2 projects to GMS1.
- Rework the title screen of Kelin Kelilin.
- A little portal animation for game by Pirhana.
- Proof of concept for a future game by Luyren.
- New logo and results screen from StarBurst game by Ben Simms.
- Fedellen previews more pixel art animations for their game. Made with Stencyl.
- SUPER Cute Alien has a Steam version in the work. And are looking for Remote Play testers! Check out their Steam page.
- Alex Johansson has updated his chess game with a fresh spawning system that coughs out some killer pawn combos! ♟ Made with Stencyl. Plus check out the Kill the King video.
- Cory Martin has been redesigning the level gen system and refactoring a bunch of code in Leapin Lads.
- Fantomon has created a project on CrowdForge if you want to help create a tamagotchi-like, for fun, on your spare time game.
- A few updates from Aditya Chaudhary’s
WIPgame, made with Stencyl:
- A couple of quick videos from
WIPStencyl game by Robert Alvarez:
- A couple of screenshots from
WIPturn based puzzle game by mauve:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
33~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[js]Use higher precision timestamp when available merged.
[js]Change the way we check for inherited
- Add some tests for dotpath resolution merged.
In case you missed it
[draft]Start working on module-level functions pull request.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!