Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Woot Tutor is an online tutoring platform that Jeff Ward is working on. The real-time shared workspace is built in Haxe!
- Feathers UI for Haxe and OpenFL is fully funded on Kickstarter!!
- Feathers UI Community: A new community forum for developers using Feathers UI for Haxe and OpenFL. There is also a new Discord server for Feathers UI.
- What is Haxe and should I care about it? written by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Thomas Uster with help from Hugh Sanderson has added Android
x86_64processor support to HXCPP & NME along with support for the latest NDK! Checkout the merged PRs for HXCPP and NME.
- Malte Köhrer is now an one of maintainers for the official Pixi-Haxe repository.
- War Stories: Designing Dead Cells was a marriage of man and machine - an interview with Dead Cells lead designer Sébastien Bénard.
- A new role based access control library for Haxe has been released!
- Write your first ‘Hello World’ Game Screen in 5 seconds with HaxeFlixel by Priyansh Sangule.
- Procgen Mansion by Oleg Dolya has been updated: size selection, floor plans export and lots of small visual improvements.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: February - July 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- New ArmorPaint builds are up! Now with curvature baker,
.exrexport, undo for layer operations, custom keymaps and 256 layers per project!
- Flaxe - A Flash/AS2/AS3 conversion helper by Eric Bishton.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP029 - Image Color Mix.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP030 - White Noise.
- Watch the updated trailer for SUPER Cute Alien.
- Watch the trailer for Attraction Force by Ohsat games.
- New short video from the WIP 2D adventure game by 1speed studio.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- You could play SciAnts Evolved at First Friday at the St Louis Science Center on August 2nd.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OVERWHELM by Ruari O’Sullivan is now one year old. And it got an ANNIVERSARY UPDATE, bringing local co-op to PC and Mac!
- Tankzors Lux (made with Kha) by RblSb has been released onto Android.
- Attraction Force by Ohsat Games will be released on July 26th 2019.
- BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson is available for preorder on iOS. The game will be released on 28th of August 2019. Alex has also prepared a press kit for the game.
- Threading macro like Clojure and pipe operator article.
- Prototype SSL Socket Server article.
- Haxe to Emscripten article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Pecan is a coroutines and ECA (event condition action) library by Aurel Bily.
- Faxe fork by David “Blackmagic” Elahee is a a more complete FMOD wrapper.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.7.1by Oleg Dolya in the latest update adds the ability to edit district names, “reroll” district names, new “type” of district - riverbank, and other small changes.
- I don’t see a single thing wrong with this from Leaping Lads by Cory Martin.
- Gummywormz is working on another small Haxe game.
- Nerd world problems by Joe Williamson. And Designing an Evil Platformer stream, with other recordings also available.
- A new nice GIF from Frontier Story by jmw.
- Sheeps in Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev.
- Got the bugs moving! and play with fire and you’re gonna… previews by Hello Lightbulb.
- faxe fork
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[hss]Add sourcemap support to HSS merged.
- Performance improvement proposals for
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
32~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Fix implicit return of arrow functions for
- Date improvements merged.
- Context warnings API merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!