Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Evoland Legendary Edition (both games in one) will be released on the PS4, Xbox One and Switch on February 7th. Checkout the Announcement Trailer. This is going to be… LEGENDARY! .
- Logic Interactive are working on a setup for Inspiria Science Center in Norway - an entrance portal running a realtime dynamic virtual environment made with Haxe & unrealhx
- ArmorPaint just happens to have another big upgrade around the corner!. Importing
650MB .objfile (7.2M tris) in ArmorPaint with latest Armory engine requires
~32%less memory and
15%faster when painting.
- DomKit - CSS based components, strictly typed UI framework for Haxe by Nicolas Cannasse, which was originally created as a part of the Heaps engine, but now it’s a separate project. Nicolas presented this framework at HaxeUp meetup at Docler.
- Slides from an internal presentation at Inno Games about Haxe and its differences from ActionScript by Dan Korostelev.
- Official announcement of
try.openfl.org, containing more quick code examples.
- Status of Starling Framework + OpenFL.
- Dicey Dungeons will have an Irish version!
- Dice related stuff is a new devlog from Terry Cavanagh.
- Developers, friends, Haxe people - take the 2019 Stack Overflow Developer survey and be heard!
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- HaxeUI now has its own forum.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Kha Tutorial - EP114 - Invincibility Frames Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial - EP115 - Pool Refine Library.
- Shader Tutorial - EP009 - Translate.
- Shader Tutorial - EP010 - Sine/Cosine.
- Shader Tutorial - EP012 - Rotate.
- The hero is ready to explore the map video by Charles Griffiths and made with Kha.
- Some highlights from the recent HaxeUp 2019 at Luxembourg:
- Full stack at its finest - Cutting through the web jungle with Haxe! - is another Haxe Meetup being held in Örnsköldsvik (Sweden) on 5th of February.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Anders Nissen has released an update for Stoneset game, which adds new a “Journey” game mode. Get it at Google Play!
- A Game Boy inspired metroidvania Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen is coming to Steam on 1st of March for PC and Mac!
- Jauq’s Apexyll game (made with Stencyl) was released on Newgrounds.
- I want to go home is a game by John Doughty which he made for Global Game Jam 2019.
- Mark Knol and his friends have participated in Global Game Jam 2019 and created 2-player coop spaceshooter game, which you can play here (you can download source code there too) or watch playthrough video.
- Fire’s Place is another Haxe game made for Global Game Jam 2019.
- Kanyon Karver - a new HaxePunk game by Nikolay Kana has been released as a VK Direct Game. Checkout the short gameplay video.
- Melonin has finished work on VolleybombMP, mentioned in previous roundups. You can play it online, with the source code also available at GitHub and released under
- A simple LR(0) HScript Parser.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Slava Ra continues his work on HaxeDevelop. This week he’s implemented and fixed the following:
- A bunch of issues related to code completion, like code completion support for static extensions, code completion for Expression Reification, code completion for typedef assignment and much more!
- Added project template which helps a lot if you’re using Haxe for Node.js.
- Haxe - Multi target Project Template.
- Code completions for typedefs with “multiple inheritance”.
- All of these Gifs are posted at Slava Ra’s patreon page, each of these posts usually means that there are dev builds of HaxeDevelop and FlashDevelop.
- Slava Ra also wants to know what features do you miss in HaxeDevelop.
- Caribou has updated PyxelEdit map importer. This update adds support for the latest OpenFL tilemap API & last Luxe API. The library is available on GitHub and Haxelib, with the next update containing support for Heaps engine!
- Dmitry Hryppa has tried the Haxe benchmark again under Mac OS, with the latest improvements for HXCPP from Hugh Sanderson. As Nicolas Cannasse said, it looks like HashLink needs some improvements to its GC.
- Allan Dowdeswell’s progress with combining WebGL effects and OpenFL.
- BlackGoku36 has fixed PBR in RasteringWithIron.
- BlackGoku36 has also created a GitHub repo for Custom shader for Armory, currently there is only PBR material shader.
- Gestalt_OS is a new puzzle game by Stephen Lavelle, with the source code available at GitHub.
- Custom palettes and results of experiment with streets for Medieval Fantasy City Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- Ian Harrigan have shared some up to date screenshots of HaxeUI.
- Loads and loads of updates in Ben Simms game he is working on.
- The latest updates from jmw for “Frontier story”:
- Rough rebalance of Defender’s Quest 2 phase 1 is done. Lars still needs some time to rebalance phase 2 and then he’ll make it available for early backers.
- New art for Phantom Path game by Kirill Poletaev. Maybe he’ll use it for map background?
- A solid system for moving platforms by Ohsat Games made with HaxeFlixel.
- Atmosphere system WIP and air regeneration system and the shield system in the work from Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Small Untitled RPG Devlog 1 from Peter Achberger, with a few Gifs showing how collisions work in the game:
- Atlas of atlases which Ed Ryzhov will use in his 3D Racing game. And here are untextured game images with baked lights.
- A small teaser from Pavel Alexandrov of internal tool used by 5734L3R (reads as “Stealer”) devs for generating .fnt files from hand-drawn fonts.
- First update for Kanyon Karver game by Nikolay Kana brings some new UI for bonus system.
- Couple of gifs from Lewis Lepton’s small game he is making with Kha, now you see me, now you dont and check in, check out.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[webidl]Add inherited fields to generated classes pull request.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
15~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Null safety feature has been merged.
$estrremoved even with
[hxcpp]Unicode vs reflection issue.
[nullsafety]False positive error for field access issues.
[flash]Flash is crazy issue.
[hxcpp]Socket broadcast message sending support merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!