Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- HaxeUI now has its own forum.
- An interesting discussion on Reddit about Unreal Engine and scripting languages. Haxe is one of the discussed options and it seems that Nicolas Cannasse is interested in further Haxe and Unreal integration.
- You can use different
.hxfiles depending on the target/platform,
[hashlink]Calling functions from one Haxe/C program in another Haxe/C program
- Spiele Palast has become a strategic partner of the Haxe Foundation.
- Oscilloscope 2 channels simulation is now live on DCACLab by Samir Sabri.
- Strange results and interesting discussion resulting from a performance comparison between Haxe targets by Dmitry Hryppa.
- Age of Atlantis devLog week #2 by Luke Selman.
- Get going with Aggx - Haxe port of Antigrain Geometry Library discussion.
- Renaine will be at Playcrafting Boston Winter Play. This will be the first time the Switch version of Renaine will be showing in the USA.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen has reached
1stplace in Overall and Theme among all other games made for LudumDare 43.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- There is going to be another HaxeUp Session at Luxembourg office of Docler Holding on 29th of January! And there will be an online stream as well, with Nicolas Cannasse, Juraj Kirchheim, Philippe Elsass and Simon Krajewski attending.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Kanyon Karver - a new HaxePunk game by Nikolay Kana has been released as a VK Direct Game. Checkout the short gameplay video.
- Melonin has finished work on VolleybombMP, mentioned in previous roundups. You can play it online, with the source code also available at GitHub and released under
- Dicey Dungeons
- Pixel Blackjack - 21 by Casual Pixel is available from the Google Play Store.
- The Steam page of Darksburg game by Shiro games is now live!
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. Checkout the list of technologies used by this game.
- Shader Tutorial - EP005 - Color.
- Shader Tutorial - EP006 - Circle shape.
- Kha Tutorial - EP111 - Shoot Left Right.
- Kha Tutorial - EP112 - Shoot Enemies Refine Library.
- New Armory 3D
0.6 alphawith Blender
2.8video tutorial by JayAnAm - Nodes and Tanks, which shows how to use logic nodes for gameplay logic.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- A simple LR(0) HScript Parser.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Nanjizal has updated his Trilateral Ironing demo. You can find the sources at the GitHub repo.
- 3D Product Visualization by Michael Bickel.
- gummywormz have released Haggler ARA Demo 1.0.1.
- Slava Ra continues his work on Haxe support in FlashDevelop:
- Some Cel-Shading in BlackGoku36’s experiments with the Iron framework. Sources are available on his GitHub.
- New mechanic in Dicey Dungeons.
- New GIFs from Frontier Story by jmw:
- New GIFs from Jiiter Sandbox game by Syo:
- Basic user deck shuffling/draw made with OpenFL. Who knows what games will grow out of this?
- Really big screenshake obstacles in Leapin Lads by Cory Martin can despawn because they’re considered to be offscreen.
- Kirill Poletaev has implemented super sampled aliasing in Phantom Path.
- Carters are shy desert mimics in Renaine.
- Gif animation and another with shaders applied from Joe Williamson’s new mobile game he is working on. Joe also is working on a small update for Werewolf Tycoon.
- Lewis Lepton is also reviving the game he worked on earlier. Here is a video from it (it’s from Haxe discord server)
@:headermeta to specify response header merged.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
10~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D haxe4flag commit.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!