Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen has reached
1stplace in Overall and Theme among all other games made for LudumDare 43. Other Stencyl games did really well too.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- A couple of Stencyl games made for Ludum Dare 43 which were missed, Dropboy by torcado and Nature is Harsh by Havana24.
- Is Haxe worth learning in 2019?
- A small update from Lewis Lepton about his plans on Kha Tutorials and Shaders Tutorial series.
- Sneak peek of the new oscilloscope, two channels and colored signals from Samir Sabri.
- The scene exporter is
~40%faster in Armory3D
- Yes we Iron! article by Justin Mills.
- Philippe Elsass has updated haxe-loader and haxe-modular libraries.
- Twinspire - Basic Event Handling, a new tutorial by Luke A. Selman.
- Age of Atlantis DevLog - Week #1 from Luke A. Selman.
- Viachaslau Tratsiak has finished working on Gloomy Dungeons 2. The game itself uses a custom Java engine, but the procedural level generator is written in Haxe.
- The Pixel Blackjack 21 developer talks about how Haxe, OpenFL and Flixel helped make the game.
- Lars Doucet has shared info about the progress on Defender’s Quest 2, the second boss battle is done and with some polishing he’ll release a public demo.
- Andy Li is going to Las Vegas for CES 2019. He has built a small photo booth for his employer with Haxe and PyQt5 (externs can be found at GitHub they are not 100% finished, but usable). Checkout the pics of the booth and a short video.
- Haxe is listed at
9.04 FP/monthin the Capers-Jones Function Point metrics analysis.
- A proof of concept repo, stick
git, has been released for Lars Common HL/HXCPP native C API binding format bounty.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Dicey Dungeons
- Pixel Blackjack - 21 by Casual Pixel is available from the Google Play Store.
- Homerun bun made with Stencyl by torcado.
- Dial-a-Platformer 1.0 by George is officially out.
- The Steam page of Darksburg game by Shiro games is now live!
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. Checkout the list of technologies used by this game.
- Hero trailer for Dead World Heroes mobile game.
- Kha Tutorial 104 - Sprite Animation Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial 105 - States Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial 106 - Tool Update Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial 107 - Depth Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial 108 - UI Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial 109 - Reflect Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial 110 - Shoot Towards Mouse.
- Shader Tutorial 000 - Introduction to Shader Tutorial Series.
- Shader Tutorial 001 - Setup Visual Studio Code.
- Shader Tutorial 002 - Linting.
- Shader Tutorial 003 - GLSL Snippets.
- Shader Tutorial 004 - Setup GLSL Viewer.
- Armory 3D/Blender
2.8Tutorial: FPS Shooting by JayAnAm.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- A simple LR(0) HScript Parser.
- HaxeFlixel-3D is a sample of a fake 3D implementation in HaxeFlixel by Austin East.
- driver_celshade_example - cell shading example for Armory3D.
- KhaosFractal - a small program to display fractal using Kha.
- VolleybombMP - a multiplayer game with client written with OpenFL and Nape physics engine and NodeJS server.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- hxQt - Qt externs for Haxe, with a couple of screenshots why not! and fast progress now.
- Flixel-UI theme for HaxeUI. This new code is available at
new-component-methodbranches of both
- heeps - A Heaps extension library with advanced features by Pavel Alexandrov.
- The Haxe logo is one from
3,000+brand logos in freely downloadable vector SVGs to use on your site.
- BlackGoku36 has tried to learn the Iron framework and it went well. Checkout PBR implemented with Iron.
- Nanjizal has added an edge to 2D vectors using Iron and his Trilateral library. You can find sources at GitHub (in order to compile this project you’ll need trilateral, trilateralXtra, polyK libs from Nanjizal, Iron from Armory3D, Tess2 from hxGeomAlgo and Kha).
- Nanjizal has also improved Contour in Trilateral library and added edge control.
- Some winterly procgen mansions for last years Christmas mood by Oleg Dolya.
- A new game, currently unnamed, is being made by ItsAKaime.
- Don’t Panic has added a simple scripting language to the adventure game he is making with Kha.
- New GIFs and screenshots from Frontier Story, created by jmw327:
- Dead World Heros team roster UI sketch.
- 3D Puzzle game by Kirill Poletaev now has a name - Phantom Path. And here is the preview of new gameplay mechanic for it.
- New tileset graphics and more level theme for the Vsio NeithR’s game he is making with HaxeFlixel.
- New enemy from Renaine game - Outlette.
- Cory Martin is working on new game - Leapin Lads, with one more animation from the game - Jump off cliffs to visit new zones.
- Happy New Year animated postcard from Michel Janicki. Made with Haxe, Heaps and Love!
- A playpen of new objects, physics, sizing and art design from the Stencyl game made by Ben Simms.
- A little teaser of the game by Anders Nissen.
- A couple of screenshots from polygon texture packer which Ed Ryzhov is making for his procedural racing 3D game: comparing heuristics and “good packing, I like it”.
- The Haggler: ALTER Reverb Again Demo by gummywormz.
- Game within a game inception by Jauq.
- A few GIFs from Jitter Sandbox game by Syo which he is making with Heaps:
- Fun with lights made with OpenFL by @kyleinaction_.
- HaxePunk GL 2
@:headermeta to specify response header merged.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
21~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last three weeks.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!