Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.0.0-preview.4has been released!
1.6has been released!
- The HaxeLib website has had several improvements made live!
- The Haxe VSCode
2.0.0extension has been released!
- Haxe, the coolest language you never heard of.
- Toying with a macro for method overloading support for static extensions.
- Haxe: Cross-platform Development’s Best-kept Secret published on the Toptal Engineering Blog, resulting in some discussion on HackerNews.
- Haxe benchmarks show that the
php7target is now twice as fast as
- Checkout RPG Playground built using Kha.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Slides from Kevin Leung’s
hkoscontalk about type-safe REST API’s.
- Freelancers are wanted for remote friendly, preferably French speaking, Haxe React developers job.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Creating Armory engine compatible animations using Blender.
- A fixed ring array data structure example.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower is being made with HaxeFlixel.
- Accidental super human soccer players.
- Profus dropus, commonly known as the Puffdrop.
- Flip afew switches and projects run natively on iOS.
- Building and designing HaxeUI components in VSCode!
- Ledge climbing preview made with HaxeFlixel.
- Head on over to HaxeLib to checkout the latest library releases.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- Add support for ES6 output proposal.
- Add support for inlining functions at call location proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
36 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Express function purity in the type system issue.
- Add support for Intersection Types,
Type1 & Type2syntax merged.
- Allow qualified metadata names commit, eg
- Full Unicode support delayed until after Haxe
externfield syntax merged.
enum abstractsyntax merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!