Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Summit 2018 has been announced which will take place in Seattle, May 3-5 2018!
- This years Haxe Summit 2018 has a great deal with the Seattle Hilton.
- The Haxe Summit team can provide invitation letters to help get a US Visa to attend this years conference.
- FlowPlay are sponsoring this years Haxe Summit.
4.0.0-preview.3has been released! Featuring new function type syntax,
finalkeyword and more!
3.4.7has been released!
- Haxe Modular
0.5.0has been released with faster and more accurate graph processing,
10xfaster sourcemap splitting and more!.
5.3.3has been released!
5.3.3has been released.
- ArmoryPaint hits version
- Shaders, HaxeFlixel and ShaderToy.
- Haxe might be getting tail-call optimization.
4.0.0has been released!
- The Haxe Foundation has been accepted to participate in the community track program at this years Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2018!
- Looks like Haxe might be getting an OCaml backend, with two projects having been created since this announcement, haxe_in_haxe and ml2hx.
- Haxe-in-Haxe notes and discussion.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Haxe Foundation are recruiting! They are looking for a Compiler Developer and Marketing & Communications Evangelist to join them!.
- Docler Holding are looking for a Haxe Client Developer!
- GameSys is hiring a Haxe Game Developer to joing them in London.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Papers, Please, the short film has been released!
- Kha Tutorial - EP078 - Open URL.
- Kha Tutorial - EP079 - For Loop Draw.
- Functional Programming: ML-Style Parse Tree Evaluation.
- Beginner: Invoke object method by string.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- Trilateral WebGL online demo wip reworking of justTriangles.
- Quick, pre-setup for all Haxe web toolkits: Kha ( g2, g4 ), OpenFL/NME/Flash, Luxe, Heaps, Canvas, WebGL, SVG. Concept, is to develop barebones common basic needs for ‘Quickly’ exploring, extending and testing ideas.
- Hello there OpenFL, running in Unreal Engine!
- Finally, our female protagonist ingame - tweet
- **sigh**, Hegemone Pass.
- The underworld has their cafes as well…
- Zulth, made with OpenFL, is a new puzzle game with unique gameplay, available on Google Play and the App Store and successfully deploying to Android, iOS, HTML5, Windows, OSX and Linux.
- Go Morse Go! Arcade Edition is now available from Steam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Where’s the truth @? by Aurel was created for
- InvisiMines by Laguna and Thunraz was created for
git- tweet - Import Haxe code directly into Python!
git- tweet - Haxe library for managing rich static data.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Aurel Bílý is creating Haxe games and apps.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- By Matthew Wallace:
- Add traits proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
- Haxelib Replacement Stage 2.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
41 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!