Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Summit 2018 has been announced which will take place in Seattle, May 3-5 2018!
- This years Haxe Summit 2018 has a great deal with the Seattle Hilton.
- The Haxe Summit team can provide invitation letters to help get a US Visa to attend this years conference.
- FlowPlay are sponsoring this years Haxe Summit.
3.4.6has been released!
4.0.0has been released!
- The Haxe Foundation has been accepted to participate in the community track program at this years Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2018!
- Where is Haxe heading?
- Looks like Haxe might be getting an OCaml backend, with two projects having been created since this announcement, haxe_in_haxe and ml2hx.
- Haxe-in-Haxe notes and discussion.
- Evgeniy Chetvertak shares his thoughts and experience switching from Flash to Haxe in the article unchain game development.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Haxe Foundation are recruiting! They are looking for a Compiler Developer and Marketing & Communications Evangelist to join them!.
- $200 Bounty to work on the VSCode Haxe-JSX extension.
- Docler Holding are looking for a Haxe Client Developer!
- GameSys is hiring a Haxe Game Developer to joing them in London.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Matthew Wallace’s first Haxe by Example is available for Patreons - First Program.
- Functional Programming: ML-Style Parse Tree Evaluation.
- Beginner: Invoke object method by string.
- Design patterns: Observer.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- The editor for Andrei’s particle system is almost done!
- hxDaedalus game/pathfinding engine has been updated to include Kha and Heaps example use.
- Kha implementations of post processing, blur, gaussian blur, colour quantization and more have been released, also see the interactive demo.
- Add traits proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
- Haxelib Replacement Stage 2.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
45 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!