Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
- Happy Technologies Haxe Summit 2017 report.
- Renaine, a platformer/roguelike hybrid starring Aine, the Phoenix Knight, created with HaxeFlixel has launched on Kickstarter.
- Kode Studio
17.9has been released!.
3.4.3has been released!
4.0.0-preview.1has been released!
1.2has been released, compatible with Haxe
Upcoming Events & Talks
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
Job Offers & Bounties
- InnoGames are looking for Haxe/OpenFl developer to work on Forge of Empire.
- Mail.ru are looking for a Flash/Haxe developer to work on Armored Warfare.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Ryder: The Deserter trailer created with HaxeFlixel.
- Set a GIT dependency directly in hxml with
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
Previews & Demos
- None this week.
- Creative Coding preview.
- Procedurally generated medieval cities now with rivers.
- Preview of some upcoming Kha tutorial content.
- Preview of a HaxeFlixel game created for GameZanga.
- Blender-eske version of HaxeUI previewed in KodeGarden.org.
App & Game Releases
- The Last Scholar, a game for Alakajam! a 48 hour gamejam.
- Cheap Golf released to itch.io.
- Cheap Golf released to Steam.
Some Library Releases
- Lime gets a new file watcher implementation - commit.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Haxelib replacement discussion.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Function type syntax.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
66 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
4.0.0will drop the original
phptarget, to be superseded by the newer
php7target - pull request.
- Support custom implicit function arguments like
@:fromNothingmacro - pull request.
- Compiler command line cleanup - issue.
haxe.dspackage - commit.
haxe.dspackage - pull request.
- Further work on the
finalkeyword - issue.
- Add, encourage and use
case var- pull request.
- Further improvements to
case varsyntax - comment.
- Fix for macro build loops - pull request.
- Possible idea for a drop in replacement of core? implementations - comment.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!