Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Summit 2017 has been announced taking place in Amsterdam between September 13th and 16th at “de Roos”. Get your early bird tickets now!
- Andy Li and Kevin Leung are hosting a workshop at this years Hong Kong Open Source Conference on how building a cross-platform game on June 9th-10th.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Fishing Cactus Games are looking for several programmers to work on porting Flash games, you can find out more details in the full job posting.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Lewis Lepton lays out his plans for more videos tutorials, including more Kha, covering HaxeUI, box2d and many other topics!
- Kobi is figuring out if its worth porting popular libraries to pure Haxe supported via patreon. Join the discussion on the mailing list.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- Using Haxe and advanced AI to teach robots to play chess.
- Writing unit tests in Haxe made simple and beautiful with
- Kitty catalyst made with HaxePunk
- Work in-progress Boss made with luxeengine.
- Messing around with bezier curves and luxeengine.
- Better tweening in FODBOLD created with Kha.
- Increase the juiciness of the menus in Double Turn made with HaxeFlixel.
- twinspire game studio
- Allow context specific keywords for field & variable names.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add Generator Expressions.
- Support Inline XML.
- Add Union Types.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
41 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Add support for custom local directories and wildcard versions - pr.
- Use native
js-es >= 5- pr.
- Prepare for the new macro interpreter - merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!