Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
The World Wide Haxe Conference 2016 crowd-funding campaign has been successfully funded! The campaign gained a total of
For those of us who were able to contribute to the funding campaign, Silex Labs have released a preview of what the t-shirts might look like.
Nicolas Cannasse’s newest target,
HL, the eleventh target, which appears to target a brand new VM and output to
C, which could also possibly be a Neko successor, has had its VM? published onto GitHub.
While Nicolas was at the Game of Code event in Luxembourg last week, he gave a quick interview talking about the Haxe Foundation, Shiro Games and the Evoland games.
Nicolas’s last live stream a couple of weeks ago show cased a very impressive tool code named “The Inspector”. For those of you who can’t watch the video, Joesfiene has transcribed the video and published it onto the Haxe blog. It’s definitely something to keep an eye on.
Matthijs Kamstra is at it again, creating examples and tutorials, this time on how to use the PHP target!
Lewis Lepton continues to create Kha video tutorials, while ill, with the latest three video’s covering the use of classes, colour and updates. Lewis has recently launched a Patreon page, so if you want to see Lewis continue to create tutorials, support him!
- WWX2016 Haxe Conference at Mozilla Paris between 27th-30th May. Crowd-funding has successfully been funded!
- Add an upcoming event which will be about Haxe.
- Add an available job which involves Haxe.
#lowrezjamgame created with luxe engine.
#lowrezjampixel art preview created with HaxeFlixel.
- Raining coins and explosions built with HaxeFlixel.
- Legendary Kha example strikes again.
- A Wicked Curse enters the matrix.
- Persephone’s titles are upgrades in Hegemone Pass.
- Persephone’s minor title in Hegemone Pass.
- Preview of Zui, a GUI library for Kha.
- Two animated Kha HTML5 examples.
- Kha already running on the new HL target!
- Kha making video textures way too easy!
- Blasting Agent running on the Xbox One, using HaxeFlixel.
- A luxe engine experiment with lightmaps on tiles.
- Fancy pansty pause menu built with HaxeFlixel.
- HackNBlocks created with OpenFL by Ipsilon Developments Inc is a “classic type bi-side puzzle game, with a hacking theme, with 3 game modes” available for iOS and Android, as well as OSX, Linux and Windows via itch.io.
- Cinemagic: Hollywood Madness created with OpenFL by Jamwix is “a really fun and funny match-3 / movie creation mashup game, out now for iOS and Android”.
53 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Improved error reporting for invalid escape sequences.
You can start using the latest features by grabbing a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone!