Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
Its a little late, but the Haxe Foundation have officially announced the release of HaxeDevelop on their brand spanking new blog!
While we are talking about the HF, Mark Knol’s work to improve and unify the HF design across the various sites has started to appear live, with the first being on try.haxe.org. You can get a sneak peak of Mark’s upcoming
haxe.org changes at staging.haxe.org.
These last few weeks I’ve included quite afew previews of Eric Bernier’s in-developement HaxeFlixel game. Well, he has started a devlog on TIGForums for his game, A Wicked Curse, a “procedurally generated top-down action adventure game, with roguelike elements, in which you create your very own fairy tale”!
- Lewis Lepton has released another Kha example, INCREMENT.
- Jb Richardet has gotten the Haxe docs included in DevDocs, an API documentation browser.
- Jonathan Hirz has released the source for his game, mobile_space, created with luxe engine, a create resource to get familiar with Haxe and luxe engine.
- The Heaps 2D/3D framework now has OpenFL/Lime integration.
- Monsoon: minimal Haxe web framework announcement built ontop of
This week has seen a bunch of new videos released:
- Nicolas Cannasse talks about Haxe: The Compilation Server.
- Daniel demonstrates MPHX on DigitalOcean.
- Will Blanton has released the first, hopefully of many more, HaxeFlixel lessons, an Intro to HaxeFlixel. To make sure Will continues to make more videos, become a Patreon.
- Skyler Parr has started LiveGame, a project which live streams building of a game, with source on GitHub and past records available on YouTube.
- Matthijs Kamstra will be presenting Haxe to
/dev/haagon Friday 18th March 2016.
- Nicolas Cannasse will be presenting Haxe in the opening keynote at Game of Code in Luxembourg between 8th-10th April 2016.
- WWX2016 Haxe Conference at Mozilla Paris between 27th-30th May. Crowd-funding currently at
- Want to talk at the WWX2016 conference? Submit your proposal to the WWX2016 GitHub repo.
- Add an upcoming event which will be about Haxe.
- Add an available job which involves Haxe.
- Baked enemies in A Wicked Curse.
- Forest cruising in A Wicked Curse.
- Edge grabbing game built with HaxeFlixel.
- In-developement HaxeFlixel game preview.
- Magica Voxel rendering with shading in luxe engine.
- Can’t boat properly built with HaxePunk.
- Implementing a 2D layer on top of 3D in Lime.
- 2D lighting with Haxe and Kha.
This last week has seen intense progress made on checkstyle, an “automated code analysis tool ideal for projects that want to enforce coding conventions”, particulary by Adi Reddy Mora, Game11 and Alex.
- npm haxe
- hexinject `0.1.0
47 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
You can start using the latest features by grabbing a nightly build of Haxe.
Have a good week everyone!