Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
unreal.hxannouncement tweet by Seth Sivak.
- Peasant Knight, an instant death, puzzle platformer on TIGForums by Ohmnivore.
- FontStruct.com is using Haxe.
- Evoland rated 4th best mobile game of 2015.
- Top-down bouncing loot effects tutorial by Vadim.
- Ordered Dithering Algorithm tutorial by Daniel.
- Haxe, Away3D and Starling interoperation example by Pete Shand.
- Write a shmup in Kha Part 8 by Justin Hamilton.
- Write a shmup in Kha Part 9 by Justin Hamilton.
- Write a shmup in Kha Part 10 by Justin Hamilton.
- Write a shmup in Kha Wrap Up by Justin Hamilton.
- Make your own Haxe Logo paper toy by Matthijs Kamstra.
- A Haxe Refresh by Khaled Garbaya.
- I built a Joomla Component with Haxe by Allan Dowdeswell.
Join the brand new HaxeFlixel community chat on Discord by Pizza.
- Jeff Ward & Patrick Le Clec’h add jump/peek definition support to Visual Studio Code & Haxe.
- How portable is Kha? It runs directly in Blender by Lubos Lenco.
- Multiple Render Targets in Kha for deferred rendering pipelines by Lubos Lenco.
- Jeff Ward’s first attempt at using Kha, in his own words “an epilepsy inducer”.
- Particle system built with Kha by Dmitry Hryppa.
- Haxe Logo Paper Toy by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Core game mechanics video using luxe engine by Switchbox.
- Michael Bickel wrapping his head around L-systems with foo3D, built ontop of snõw.
- Polar shader game preview using luxe engine by Tilman Schmidt.
- OpenFL prototype by Thomas Baudon.
- Potential HaxeJS output improvements by Vadim.
- Journey of Coins Intro Cutscene preview by Justin.
- HaxeFlixel game Messages From Jeff pixel art preview by Suhail Habib.
- HaxeLive preview working with JSON and OpenFL by Luke.
- Terry Cavanagh previews game made with Haxe, OpenFL & hscript.
- Nick Grebenshikov has created a
CP1251string converter in pure Haxe.
- foxhole on GitHub.
- HaxeLime3D on GitHub.
- txthx on NPM and GitHub.
- Verbal Expressions for Haxe on GitHub.
- HaxeLive on GitHub.
- New analyzer commit.
- Copy propagation commit.
- Jump/peek definition pull request.
- Always use analyzer transformations pull request, plus stats.
You can start using the latest features by grabbing a nightly build of Haxe.
What peaked my interest from this roundup was the unofficial
tink_* announcement made over on the mailing list by Juraj Kirchheim. Juraj has released
tink_http, with foxhole being a sort of working demo combining all of these libraries. I’ve already used
tink_runloop recently to make a tool multithreaded with no real effort, thanks!
I’ve known for some time about
unreal.hx, built by Cauê Waneck and the Proletariat Inc team, which is an open source Haxe plugin for Unreal Engine 4. Unreal.hx “supports the full C++ API, including delegates, C++ lambdas and templates”. Cauê has also built
unreal.hx into a cppia binary, so you can iterate in seconds, whilst running at almost native speed.
Have a good week everyone!