Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News from the Community
News and Articles
- Some words about the Haxe Foundation by Nicolas Cannasse.
- Haxe Game Development Essentials has been released by Jeremy McCurdy.
- HXCPP debugger extension for Visual Studio Code by Jeff Ward.
- Ruhax - compiler Ruby code to Haxe by Axel Anceau.
- Haxe macro: copying expressions from another Type by Kevin Leung.
- OpenFL Angle support and software fallback for Windows XP pull request by Lars Doucet.
- StMichel released 3D Heidi integration via David Mouton.
Pictures and Demos
- OpenFL HTML5 image viewer by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Haxe NodeJS music player by Matthijs Kamstra.
- HaxeFlixel over OpenGLView with source by Daniel Fedor.
- Animated tiles and big objects on HaxeFlixel by Glitchy Pixel.
- Where’s my dog HUD preview by Eduardo Lopes.
- HaxeFlixel Tutorial - Simple Platformer video by Justin.
Some library releases
0.1.0by Franco Ponticelli.
2.1.0by Jason O’Neil.
3.0.26by Adi Reddy Mora.
1.8.1by Ian Harrigan.
1.2.4by Jeremy Sachs.
2.0.1by Yaroslav Sivakov.
0.3.0by Andy White.
0.1.3by Federico Bricker.
1.1.0by Kenton Hamaluik.
0.0.0by Juraj Kirchheim.
Updates from the Haxe core
48 commits have been made to the Haxe compiler in the last week, with 17 combined pull requests merged across the Haxe ecosystem.
- Allow parsing postfix
!but fail during typing.
- Recursively check type parameter constraints for constructors.
- Accept monomorphs as type parameters for safe casts.
You can start using the latest features by grabbing a nightly build of Haxe.
thx.text library is an interesting library, adding the ability to
singularize almost any word. It also adds the
Table class, which pretty prints your data via its
100KB, in his case.
As for who should take the Haxe Foundation CEO position, I agree with Justin over on the Haxe mailing list, while talking about the Haxe Foundation, either Franco Ponticelli, Sven Bergström or Joshua Granick are all good candidates, from my point of view, to improve Haxe.
Have a good week everyone!