Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
Haxe Summit 2018
- Haxe Summit 2018 has been announced which will take place in Seattle, May 3-5 2018!
- This years Haxe Summit 2018 has a great deal with the Seattle Hilton.
- The Haxe Summit team can provide invitation letters to help get a US Visa to attend this years conference.
- FlowPlay are sponsoring this years Haxe Summit.
News and Articles
4.0.0-preview.3has been released! Featuring new function type syntax,
finalkeyword and more!
5.3.3has been released.
- ArmoryPaint hits version
- Haxe might be getting tail-call optimization.
- Looks like Haxe might be getting an OCaml backend, with two projects having been created since this announcement, haxe_in_haxe and ml2hx.
1.5has been released with complete
x64support, Android and iOS support!
- Checkout Haxe.org’s new video section!
- Haxe.org now has its own merchandise shop!
- Collision Boxes & Interaction.
- Particle talk and future framework plans.
Upcoming Events & Talks
- CreativeMagic will be speaking about indie/freelance gamedev while teaching a student, using Haxe & OpenFL on April 27th. You can find out more on the community.haxe.org.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
Job Offers & Bounties
- The Haxe Foundation are recruiting! They are looking for a Compiler Developer and Marketing & Communications Evangelist to join them!.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Papers, Please, the short film has been released!
- Kha tutorial - EP080 - Center Position.
- Kha tutorial - EP081 - Delete Array Entity.
- Functional Programming: ML-Style Parse Tree Evaluation.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
Previews & Demos
- Trilateral now supports curved corners.
- TouretteQuest protoype for
7DRLtargeting HTML5 with HaxeFlixel.
- Isometric projection in HaxeFlixel.
- Swanky new health meters in kitty coliseum built with HaxePunk.
App & Game Releases
- Add a new app release that uses Haxe.
Some Library Releases
- ts2hx can convert
- webidl now tracks source position info, enabling goto definitions pull request.
- tink_sql adds
tink.sql.Query, a fully type safe? SQL query implementation? pull request.
- Haxe modular
0.10.2released with detailed size report and interactive visualisations.
People & Projects to support
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Aurel Bílý is creating Haxe games and apps.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Add traits proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
- Haxelib Replacement Stage 2.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
21 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Discussion about missing
- Add support for
toStringmetadata pull request and example.
- Haxe compiler will now use OCaml native
SHA1implementation pull request.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!